1. 1. Do you like this poll?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Can you do another poll please?
  2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

wave.gif Hi everyone, this is my first post as me jane. I was jayneuruh for a few posts last year but SJ accidently locked me out & had tech problems (honest) trying to let me back in. Anyway I'm back again cos I just got a new computer and connection!!

So the topic...phoning home - I just found out about a cool looking system at www.skype.com

Going to set it up when I get home tonight & make an effort to call home more often this year.

Quote:
Originally posted by Dear Britain:
My few mates in Australia are as useless
Must be Aussie mates, as mine have not once rang me since I have been here...(going on 8 yrs!) But mates being mates we always seem to be able to pick it up where we left off the last time we saw each other.. That's enough for me.

My best mate in Oz doesn't even own computers let alone use much email! He might check his hotmail once every 4 weeks. I actually got a call from him a few months ago: He was drunk, it was 3am Wed morning his time and he told me about the girls he had met but not managed to shag and that was about it. I told him he could crash on my floor anytime he rocked up to London. He said he just might do that. All up, it was a good chat ;\)

I didn't even get round to telling my mum that I had moved to Japan.... until about 6 months after I left Oz. Likewise my move to London.

Quote:
Originally posted by Dear Britain:
My best mate in Oz doesn't even own computers let alone use much email! He might check his hotmail once every 4 weeks. I actually got a call from him a few months ago: He was drunk, it was 3am Wed morning his time and he told me about the girls he had met but not managed to shag and that was about it. I told him he could crash on my floor anytime he rocked up to London. He said he just might do that. All up, it was a good chat ;\)

I didn't even get round to telling my mum that I had moved to Japan.... until about 6 months after I left Oz. Likewise my move to London.
So very, very "Crocodile Dundee".

im_crocodile_dundee_07.jpg
 Quote:
Originally posted by scouser:
I can hardly imagine that at all.

I usually speak with back home once a week, at the most 2 weeks with no contact.
Me too, I couldnt imagine calling home every Sunday night to my parents or even every other week. Guess Im too independant wakaranai.gif