I lived in a small flat at North Narabeen, on the side of the hill over looking the lake, nice views and pretty cheap. But winter was cold the wind came straight in and when it rained the second bedroom would fill up with water. Great spot though!

Osaka was probably the worst. On the 9th floor of an office block/city housing apartment block, with a 6-lane road in front of the window. Two sets of traffic lights in front of the block so we could hear the cars revving up. Trucks parked but with their engines running under the window - nice noise, nice smell. A kid on the tenth floor who pissed in the elevator. Loan sharks coming round kicking at defaulting neighbour's doors. Mosquitoes and cockroaches. Miles and miles of grey city to the nearest expanse of green.

5 years of that...

Love my flat and love the area, but its freezing cold at mo and I get absolutely no signal on my keetai!! Thats pretty annoying! Love the fact that live near really beautiful temple but still even now people are flocking here to visit for new years Hatsumode around the corner from my house and work which makes it a complete arse everyday trying to get anywhere due to traffic. Really sh*ts me when tourists in for the day just stroll blatantly in the middle of the road when am driving...."ITS NOT A PAVEMENT YOU MORON!"....I`ll just go and get a cup of tea and calm down for a mo!

Mine would have to be the Johnathons restuarant I had to camp in one night when I left the keys for my apartment at work by mistake. What a dive that was. Staff not too freindly between the hours of 2 and 6am especially when you order only the bottomless cup of coffee.

You can only imagine how happy I was to go to work that day. I must admit I have never had this feeling again since.

Edogawa Tokyo (Shinkoiwa to be exact). Ugly river, ugly architecture, absolutely no zoning laws. I lived next to some kind of noisy small factory, a pachinko parlor, an elementary school, a park, and a sports club. They were filming Shingo Mama in the park at that time. My six months there was like living in a history book and the industrial revolution had just swept my neighborhood.

Living in Honolulu China Town was a very distant second.

Quote:
Originally posted by Q:
Nagoya, what a dump.
Only kidding. Just my aparto that was a dump.
Nagoya is pretty bad on my rating scale but I could never live in Tokyo. That would be hell.

A worst place I have ever lived ( visited for a lengthy time) would have been in any of the small villages in Indo that I have stayed in when there has been NO surf. Thats worse than living in nagoya where there is NONE!

Tokyo is interesting to visit sometimes but would like to avoid living there.

Lots of faces come in my view on walking streets, noise, pollution etc.....

Small villages in Indo - sounds peaceful though, Indosnm?

Quote:
Originally posted by rach:
When I was at uni, house with 4 friends. Looking back, it was a dreadful place. Kinda enjoyed it at the time.
i am living this at the moment.
theres 5 of us and we live in a beautiful house, but its a bit of a commute to uni. i was not impressed when i woke up to -21 degrees this morning and had to get to school. living with that many people is really tough too.

At college living with 5 mates in an old terrace house. It was truly disgusting, esp towards the end. We had a family of slugs who used to live in the kitchen. After coming in from a night out around 2-3am they were there doing their slug things. One of my mates took pleasure in exploding them with salt.

Looking back, I really don't know how I could have lived in such a health hazard of a place.

eek.gif