1. 1. Do you like this poll?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Can you do another poll please?
  2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

Have you got your numbers & addresses backed up to a disc? I backed up everything yesterday morning just because I was in the Docomo shop helping a friend and was bored while we waited. Lost my phone last night. What are the odds?

(Actually called the restaurant this morning and they had found my phone!)

Backup, Backup, Backup. Dropped my last phone from about 30cm from the floor (accident) and it died, lost everything numbers, addresses and photos of my daughter when she was born.

" title="" src="graemlins/cry.gif" /> I suggest backing up!

The easiest was is to take your own CD or floppy to the docomo shop and you can just do it yourself by plugging into the computer in the showroom. Takes about 5 mins and it's all in English. I don't know about the other phone companies but it looked like you could back up au & vodaphone on the docomo computer (not too sure though).

You can buy software that lets you upload the data to your own computer but I don't know much about that.

My keitai died on me today. The battery flat warning flashed on when I got an incoming call and when I put the adapter in, it wouldn't switch on again. The people at the shop did their best, but they couldn't get it working again. I'd had the phone for two years so the guarantee was up as well. It was a five thou repair or get a new better one for 2000, so I got a new one. Lost all my numbers though.

I've got a backup, but its from summer 2003.

Ah, mass production/consumerism - ain't it great! Need to throw things away because the manufacturers "can't" (won't) fix them. " title="" src="graemlins/cry.gif" />

I've never had, nor ever want, a mobile phone - unless work absolutely necessitates one ... as a consequence, all numbers are kept in the efficent and trustworthy ol' cardboard & paper Address Book - if people can't get me at work or home, then perhaps I don't wanna be got. eek.gif

If you have an old keitai use that as your back up, its easy, use the infra red transfer ( Ir data) that most phones have and transfer the whole address book from one the other, just make sure that you occasionally recharge the spare phone, or you will lose everything when the battery goes totally flat.

If you have a removable memory card on your phone transfer the whole address book to it and then transfer it from the card to your computer.

Better safe than sorry

Quote:
Originally posted by me jane:
Haven't heard that. Mova is better though. Hope they don't.
Mova has better coverage but for 300 yen a month I have a FOMA and my old mova, when I go skiing I switch form FOMA to MOVA coz the coverage is much better in the mountains.
FOMA otherwise kicks MOVAS butt you cant compare them.
MOVA is on the way out- the 506 series of MOVA phones is the last in the series there are no more, all the new phones that will be coming out from docomo will be FOMA, so if you dearly love your MOVA then get one of the 506 series while you can and use it until it dies or the network is terminated, Surely as the 1G analogue networks have been phased out, the 2G ones are to follow