Hi there!

I am coming over from australia to ski for a few days in Hakuba. We have sorted out our accomodation we just need to find transport to and from Hakuba which is proving to be hard since neither of us speak/read Japanese!

Now i noticed that most of the sites say to use the Shinjuku -> Hakuba Bus.. which is here

http://www.alpico.co.jp/access/express/hakuba_shinjuku/fare_e.html

but that website says the prices were made in 2001 so i think they would of changed now? Can some one please give me some advice as to how much the bus costs now? we'd want a return ticket..

thanks \:\)

Hi there, I ve just checked the Japanese version of the site and it says prices from 2001 up to present. So this means that the pricelist haven’t changed at all ever since.

There is also a train from Chiba (near the narita airport) that goes straight to Hakuba, but it’s almost double the price than the bus.

Enjoy at Hakuba! clap.gif

I'm heading there too (from Australia). If you're planning on doing much other travel while in Japan, the Rail Pass is definately worth it. It's also cheaper than it's been for a while due to the slightly stronger AUD.

Shinkansen from Tokyo to Nagano, then bus it from Nagano to Hakuba.

Shink Timetable

Bus Timetable

For all other rail travel in Japan this website is pretty useful. Put in your Origin and Destination, and it tells you all the trains to catch:

Zone81 Travel Calculator