Ideas of gender equality changing?

Perhaps? Married boys - do you do chores?

Just read this:

http://asia.news.yahoo.com/050205/kyodo/d882a1eo0.html

Most disapprove of 'wives stay home' idea, but few men do chores

(Kyodo) _ A majority of Japanese disagreed in a recent government survey with the traditional notion that wives should stay at home for the first time since the poll started in 1979.

The survey on gender equality also showed a record 40 percent of Japanese believe women should continue to work after having children.

But while female participation in the Japanese workforce is growing, the reality is that men have not been taking up a bigger share of housework and the burden of household chores still falls on the wives, according to the Cabinet Office poll released Saturday.

I am glad attitudes are a-changing...maybe the end of the kurisumasu keki culture towards women?

When I wash dishes at the family home in Japan, I get remonstrations from the Obasan of the family that I shouldn't be doing that.

My wife does most of the cleaning etc at home since our work balance changed: me full time work, her: child care + part time work. But I should do more (guilt, guilt) and I do cook as much as I can - but here's the rub: I enjoy cooking, I don't think my wife cleans because she enjoy's it.

Therefore I must break the cycle by brainwashing my son into enjoying cleaning. ;\)

ya, everything at my home is equal, we both naturally feel that way so we dont have to discuss "who does what", we normally clean house together on our days off.

Another issue, I dont care if she ends up making more money than I do either.

My wife is Filipino so it took a few months to get her to stop serving my dinner as if she were a waitress, hell, its enough that she cooked for me, but serve? Im just not used to it I guess.

I'm a clean freak so my wife benefits. I do all vacuuming, laundry, winter ketsuro, 80% dishes, 99% make the bed, all dusting, take out the gomi, cat litter box, car, furo, etc.

She does 80% of the cooking and I appreciate it immensley.

My J-father in law is THE poster boy for traditional J-man. He is the president of his company and the president of his home. Dinnner time: "Okaasan, bring my beer. bring me a toothpick. I dropped my chopstick. More beer..." It occasionally bothers me but he and his wife have been together so long I don't think either could have it any other way.

Cooking & cleaning are womans work, they should be grateful their husbands work to bring home the bacon!! ;\)

Just kidding, actually I don't mind cleaning, cooking and the rest. Did it for years looking after myself. I don't expect my wife to constantly do everything these are SHARED responsibilities, after all marriage is about helping one another and sharing.

My J-father in law is a pig in my books and gets no respect from me, treats everyone like sh*t. I definetly wouldn't want to be like that. Housework and looking after kids is a full time job too!!

My boyfriend does more cleaning than me in the week but probably just cos I work longer hours. When I'm off I do it so it all works out. My (future \:D ) J-father in law seems to help out at home. Have only been over their house once for dinner but he did just as much of the food prep & clearing away as the rest of us.

I hate cleaning but can't imagine that anyone likes it.

The boss at work is a complete pig, he shows so much contempt for the ladies at work I sometimes want to punch the bloke. A little respect and friendliness is not that difficult is it.

When I am at home on the weekends I help out immensly. Do the washing, hang the washing, take care of baby mogski diaper changing, dinner etc.

During the week I help out around home when I get home from work.

I guess the only unspoken rule we have at home is the wife does the dishes. Only reason for this is beacause at 195cm bending over a 90cm bench for the time it takes to wash up the dishes is hell on my back.