It`s getting to the end of my working month and as ever my wallet is about as full as Santa`s sack in summer!! I always find myself either just scraping by until the golden day of Pay day or having to borrow for the last week!!" no idea where it goes (bar the beer monkey and the slopes)??? confused.gif Anyone else as crap with money as I am, and what do you do for that last week when you living off 2000yen?? Other than not much lol.gif

Sometimes during the last week before payday I can be found lifting chesterfield cusions and looking under car seats for extra yen

Sometimes I have to spend a few days eating only rice and bread and re-watching old videos that I have aquired instead of renting.

I really hate the 5 weekend pay periods like this month mad.gif

mate santas sack is always full in summer!!! ( in OZ)

Sounds like you need to learn how to budget and save.

Pay yourself first ( savings) and then live off the rest after you have paid your expenses.

You can be my first customer after i get my FP diploma!

If your circumstances limit how much you can earn you need to make the money you can earn work for you. Like Indosnm says, "pay yourself first" by puting just a little of your hard earned cash each month into something that makes it grow (and I am definitely NOT talking about a Japanese savings account).

..or switch to chu-hi and wait around the front desk at the ski jo and get people to give you their passes with time left for free. \:D

You could always sell a kidney or other "unnecessary body parts" or take Indosnm's advice. Basically I haven't had any pocket money for 4months, now I don't even realise.

(of course I put money aside for winter). The sacrifices are the hardest but the long term is a $hit load of cash I would otherwise drank or wasted somehow. Priorities!

I know this Farquah gentleman (and I use the term gentleman loosely \:\) ) and I know that instead of a beer monkey he has a 300pound raging gorrilla hanging off him that snatches his wallet and drags him to the nearest bar for more than a few brewskies \:D

Great guy to go drinking with too!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by nagoid:
1/4 of my salary automatically gets put in a different account where I can't touch it. That stops me from pawing away at it all. Good in the long run though ;\)
Hope thats not a japanese bank account!
remember you get 0.02% on your bank savings here so if yuo were to put 30,000 a month in a J account over 5 years you would accumulate a whopping 825 yen in interest! clap.gif
If you invest the same in a aggressive M. fund at say about 12% you will end up with about 650,000 yen in interest! now which option would we be choosing? Remember too that inflation would be eating into your savings so after those 5 years even with your massive 825 yen you would be losing.