If you could buy only 1 top of the line, no expences spared piece of snowboarding equipment, what would it be? I'm leaning towards a jacket myself but, I'm interested to know what others would do.

Boots...bindings are good too, but I still remember the old school daze of stainless steel baseplates with cheap plastic straps and highbacks. My point being, like Rach says, as long as your feet aren't angry, you can manage to ride almost any quality board and binding set-up.

After boots...clothes, its just no fun when you're cold and wet.

I know you said snowboarding, but in my case - skiing - boots really are such an important part of the setup. I spend my first few years back when with some terrible boots (I didn't know they were that bad at the time). I couldn't believe the incredible difference when I got my first expensive, custom fit ones done.

Yes, boots. I love my boots.

This season I will most likely be riding with hard boots as part of my split board set up. I am going for very light and flexi AT/Rando boots coupled with plate bindings on a freeride board. I think it will be an interesting first few days on the snow.

Today I bought myself my xmas presents and included in the booty was some of that Arc'teryx stuff. Sweet jesus eek.gif , it is pricy gear for seemingly insubstantial pants and jacket. The jacket is literally a layet of material, thats it! Gunna miss my powder skirt but with the lumberjack bib I will be fine. I had no idea how stinkingly heavy my normal snobo jacket was. It is like a lead poncho!! I will be earing this new stuff for the next 8 seasons.

Boots are the most importnat though.