The main thing wrong with it is that I wake up every morning and it's still there waiting for me. I was so jealous to see people lugging snowboards around this morning, as I lugged my sorry a** to work yet again.

The problem with my office is that it is subject to the ludicrously strict and finicky UK Workplace health and Safety regulations. I ordered a smashing bagel toaster online, had it delivered to work and within a week my breakfast operation was shut down as it did not comply with about 3 different clauses of the regulation. I have a nice big kitchen area with a sink and a kettle in it, that's all, all other appliances are banned. Oh and 3 large junk food vending machines that get emptied every day by unhealthy people who don't know any better.

Other than that I like my office. It is home to some fantastic modern art (the company owns a massive collection that is distributed throughout the office areas). I get the in-house art curator to rotate the pictures that hang near my desk on a regular basis, I have some good ones at the moment. The floor I am on is about the size of a football field and has 700 people, so there is always something going on. If not, there are more huge plasma tv screens on the walls than you can count and one usually has some snow sports playing (at this time of year). I also have an in-house coffee shop (Benugos) about 30 meters from my desk, right in the middle of the company office area.

I like my office.

gray cubicles...no privacy...furniture that is too small...fluctuating temperatures...smoke billowing in from the stairwell...slow internet connection...

The Coffee is pretty good though...think I'll run and get a cup now.

Where to start:

1. Oyaji clipping nails, hands and feet, at their desks.

2. Oyaji shaving at their desks.

3. Oyaji not working.

4. Incompetent oyaji employed all the time.

5. Incompetent oyaji promoted all the time. (Nenkoujyouritsu is so prevalent here.)

6. Ladies with hairy legs.

7. Oyaji and ladies whom never appear to bathe.

8. No greenery.

9. Gas chamber smoking room on the 12F of a high rise with no opening windows and no ventilation.

10. Bad Dydo, Polka coffee machines.

11. Everyday clutural clash of Foreigners vs J's.

I do like the fact that there are 4 different large chains of coffee shops in a 5 mins radius.

Quote:
Originally posted by mogski:
11. Everyday clutural clash of Foreigners vs J's.
For example?? if you don't mind me asking?
A lot oyajis in your office!!!!!!

Ladies with hairy legs = shemale????

Different business culture and the general lack of acceptance from the majority of Oyaji to assimilate and accomodate other more productive wasy to do business.

A general unwillingness to accept changes to bring moderness and hi tech features to business practices.

Sometimes the blind pride and follow attitude I see around here makes me wonder just how in the hell this big arse company got to be big.

Every day here I am reminded of my friends description for this place and in someways Japan; "A highly organised poorly entity"

If they were world first stuff I can kind'a understand it, but most of the stuff has been in use around the world for 5-10 years.

The ignorance is very frustrating!

Maybe coz of so many oyajis with old brains around! \:D

If there were so many youngers with cotton brains ( not sure you say this or not - I mean brains which can get new stuff quick ), things there are less frustrating to you. lol.gif

Sponge heads perhaps?

If this were the case it would be even more frustrating cause they would be like me and spend too much time on the net during work hours and no work would get done! \:D