I think we had this last year, but I just wanted to ask as there are lots of new people.

Anyone here lower themselves to give "giri choco" on 14th Feb? I am actually being TOLD TO by some colleagues but I just refuse, it's pathetic.

we don't bother with giri-choco at my office, but the office ladies have been at me for months to make more lamingtons (the last round was over a year ago). I'm up to my eyeballs in chocolate sauce and coconut as we speak.

Valentines Lamingtons for all the office means I get into everyones good books lol.gif

You should see my boss now. He thinks he's popular with the girls. In reality, they generally dislike him and he's a smelly, greasy-haired (or wigged as the case may well be), sukebe, tobacco-smelling, very unattractive ojisan. wakaranai.gif

Nagoid, Lamingtons are a popular Australian cake. Its a sponge cake covered in chocolate sauce and coconut. Sometimes people put cream and jam in the middle like a sandwich. I make mine with kahlua cream and strawberries.

I brought in 5 big cakes for about 50 people, and am now the most popular person in the office. \:D

I guess its kind of like giri-choco, but I really like everyone in my office so it doesn't feel like giri to me... Besides, I've now scored some big brownie (lamington) points with the two most important people in the office - the boss and the lady who approves my travel expenses! lol.gif