What alcohol gets you wonky?

Tequila. I have never woken up from a night after tequila shots and wanted to be alive.

The next morning always seems to involve bruises, and/or reminders from friends (with photographic evidence) of 'what Snowhaus did last night'...

I DO!!! Most of the time I succeed. But every so often someone will line up the drinks, and I'll be stupid enough to go, 'no worries, it will be different THIS time!'...

Look up 'sucker for peer pressure at 2 am' in the dictionary. Thats me in the picture. :rolleyes:

Spritus.

One shot and I was very very incoherrent.

Bad stuff that can only be likened to rubbing alcohol - as in the stuff they use in hospitals to disinfect stuff.

my best friends father in law made some home made grappa (hes Italian) and boy that stuff kicks ass!!!

HAve to agree with you Torque. Beer doesnt do that much to me. It takes a lot now, more than 6 dai-jokis to get me slightly drunk. Nihonshu and whiskey though....well all I can remember most times is "Yeah just one will be fine" then wake up the meanest hangover and a lot lighter wallet.

Shouchu. The fire-water of Kyushu.

I took a two week break from drinking recently. Haven't done such a thing since I began drinking I reckon. Felt good, but I think it took some of my staying power away. Oh well might save some cash on the next time out.

Ichigotoshochu. Actually, I'm not the biggest drinker, and I've only had one glass of this strawberry/shochu drink (a couple of days ago), but it was *nice*, and might convince me to drink a bit more.

Quote:
Originally posted by grungy-gonads:
Shochu, you like that stuff? Keh! I put that stuff in my car.
The good thing about shouchu is you can mix it how you like it with water (hot or cold). The water lessens the hangover symptoms I believe. And, you can 'put that stuff in your car', he he. \:D

I recommend Zanpa Shouchu (green label, a light Okinawan variety). Or the Kurokirishima (green carton) on the rocks perhaps with a splash of spring water. In Winter about 40/60 spirit/hot water (Oyuwari)

absinthe. the liquorish-odored green drink that people like Von Gogh (pronounced go-ho in japan and go-hghgh in holland, btw) and Hem enjoyed. and you can get the real thing here in japan--one of 4 or 5 countries in the world u can drink the real stuff legally.

personal favorite way of drinking it is called a Hemingway--fill a glass 1/3 of Absinthe, dip a teaspooon of sugar in it, pull the spoon out (with the now wet sugar on it), light it on fire, let the sugar slowly drip down for several tens of seconds, lighting the Absinthe on fire as well, fill the rest of the glass with water, and you're in lal-lal land 1/2 an half later!