• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's fighting the J beauracuracy(sp check plese!) tiger.

The only thing in his way is public opinion bought on by the beauracratically(sp?) controlled press. If he continues to get the hammering that someone wants him to get I fear the public will win over his dealings and he may be reduced to having to give in.

For the hope of the cahnge of J-land I want this guy to continue to do what he is doing. Shaking up the systems of the old way.

And in the meantime I will go out and buy a Eng-Eng dictionary!

Saw him getting a hard time on TV last night. Seemed to be arguing/frustrated and trying to get the facts out over all the bullsh*t the media has published lately. They seemed to be asking alot of stupid questions which he refused to answer. Did anyone else see that- maybe someone can shed more light on the interview?, not quite sure about the details.

They just look determined to bring him down! wakaranai.gif

I saw some of that interview; pretty funny/sad stuff with the weird digitized female PA voice asking the questions. He was getting pissed:

"Why are you asking these kind of questions?" mad.gif

"Do you want me to leave? I'm going to leave." mad.gif

"Who would ask such a question?" mad.gif

Let's see if he is really that smart or his bridge financier will be the biggest winner. Let's hope also that he does not have to explain to his shareholders at the end of the day (remember it is not just his money).

If he is the new style of business man that I hope he is he has his shareholders in mind when he does his business. Unlike the other old crusty corrupt companies that stink up the Tokyo skyline!

I don’t blame you if you think he is doing it for the shareholders. Who isn’t these days? ;\) (But "future Asian businessman? lol.gif )

It takes much more than a few ‘tactical’ (coached) raids on the market (and nothing is for free of course) to ‘teach the old guys a lesson’. But the share price did bounce back so maybe miracle does happen once in a while.

lol.gif

Yes I agree, but at least his "radical" (for J-land) actions are making the press and showing the general public that there are other ways to do business.

If only the press would start bashing away at the stayed and corrupt conglomerates that have stale oyaji's at their heads, for their complete lack of leadership and warped operational ideals! (This will never happen as long as these same companies control the press.)

This livedoor issue is a classic case of the 出るくいは打たれる syndrome so prominent here in Japan. (出るくいは打たれる=The nail that sticks up will get hammered down. Literal translation)

Quote:
Examples of "such question"?
Sorry, but I actually didn't catch/translate all of the questions they were posing. The TV was on in the background and I could hear his loud protestations most clearly. I believe the questions were in the order of, "Do you think you acquired your Nippon Broadcasting shares legitimately even though they were bought before official trading hours?" He was instructed only to give "yes" or "no" answers to all questions. I could understand why he was angry (given the set-up), but...he didn't look so smooth with his railings.

I'm hoping he posts something about it on his blog .

If we're talking about the same interview the questions were things like "Why do you think you can do anything if you have the money", "Is money everything"?, things like that.

I like the guy too. I think this is just another example of J's lack of business savvy. Is there anything in the J stock exchange rules that would prevent a foreign businessman from doing the same thing? I doubt it, but don't know. This could expose a weakness in J business practices that could attract scavenger international business strategists to begin acquiring large stakes in J businesses via the same LEGAL practices.

Quote:
could attract scavenger international business strategists to begin acquiring large stakes in J businesses via the same LEGAL practices
But with Nippon Broadcasting offering exclusive shares to Fuji TV I thought this kind of reaction (it's my ball and I'm going home) would discourage foreign/local investment as the risk would be to great. wakaranai.gif