"You don't have XXX in your country, do you."

>> Above not actually presented as a question, but as a fact.

>> Disageeing to above is not allowed.

>> If you try to disagree or correct above statement, such corrections are totally ignored.

"You are so big, was your mother a giant?"

(funnily enough this was asked by little Japanese gilr while I was walking around Himeji castle, where the door through every boundary wall is about 20ft tall - I felt like responding "I think she was not as big as your ancestors")

I was asked why NZ doesnt celebrate American Independence Day :rolleyes:

And from a Californian ...."Do you guys in NZ know what the internet is"...followed by "Electricity??? wow you guys are advanced"....really wanted to wipe the gormless look off his face with a knuckle sandwich \:\)

Ive got so many but heres one that threw me for a loop:

last year I worked at the worst girls only hs in Hiroshima. A bunhc of enjokosai dirty girls. In my first class with each gumi we just did introductions and what not, I did mine as an example, then had my girls do them. In a class of 23 girls, 8 asked me to sleep with them that night. Sure, I thought they were taking the piss... but for the rest of the year I was asked the same thing almost daily eek.gif :rolleyes: clap.gif

I have similar questions-

Do you have guns in America?

(I'm also Australian)

Todays question

Wearing a knit jumper, pretty plain-

Question- Do they have those clothes in Australia? Guess the image of Oz is 12 months of summer!

There`s a kid in a kindergarten i `teach` at once a month whose mother is korean and father is japanese. He`s lived in japan all his life and obviously his first (and i think only) language is japanese. He`s been at the kindergarten for 3 years so the teachers know him pretty well.

Yesterday the teachers asked me how to say `hold hands` and `grab his hand` in english so they could use it to tell him when they crossed the road ??????

Quote:
Originally posted by sakebomb:
Guess the image of Oz is 12 months of summer!
When I was a kid I used to think that there were cherry blossoms in Japan all year round. I was really surprised when people told me that they only lasted a couple of weeks. That's marketing for ya! lol.gif

I was once asked why I spoke English?

I explained because I was from the UK...

...and as if to add insult to injury, the person in question proceded to expalin to me that they had thought I was Iranian...I had known them for 3 months or so.

Heh, last night I explained that australians use g'day a lot, and got the surprised reply of 'oh, so you speak australiago, eigo, and nihongo... anything else?'

Heh, it made me laugh, but it was mostly due to my own nihongo, which is still fairly rudimentary.