I bought a sandwich at the station and on the pack it said:

"Fresh sandwiches are great anywhere, anytime and give you a variety of delicious to choose from."

I sure had a variety of delicios to choose from.

clap.gif

Quote:
Originally posted by tsondaboy:
It is the JR anti-terror campaign, I have seen it also! lol.gif
Do they just do it or got some informations that some cult plans some which is an indiscriminate terrorist attack? Hope it's not.

When I took the 'Asama' Shink to Nagano, I noticed all the places at the ends of carriages where you normally stow your baggage were all closed off "For Security Reasons" (according to the sign). I wondered whether it was to prevent people from dumping a suitcase bomb in such an area, since you could just walk on, put it there and walk off without anyone being the wiser.

Or is there some other reason these areas were closed off? Maybe they've always been that way....

Yamakashi - this was on Dec 20th from Tokyo - Nagano. I was in Car #1 and walked as far as Car #4 looking for an non-taped up rubbish bin (as GG mentioned) before I gave up. All the baggage storage areas were also taped up or closed off with stickers mentioning "security". I ended up just storing my suitcase in an empty seat section.

The bomb warnings on the shink here take me back a bit, growing up in England in the 70's and 80's, you couldn't leave your bag for a minute in a public place without creating a furor (of course, I exaggerate, but did have a bag of mine removed to the local nick on one occasion!)

When I first came here I got hassled on the trains by a few people seemingly wanting to practice their eikaiwa for free which didn't seem like a good idea to me. So since then I have a very visible set of 'phones on. Not only can I listen to some cool chunes, but it also acts as a "Not Available" sign. lol.gif

• 11 months later...
 Quote:
Originally posted by voidhawk:
Yamakashi - this was on Dec 20th from Tokyo - Nagano. I was in Car #1 and walked as far as Car #4 looking for an non-taped up rubbish bin (as GG mentioned) before I gave up. All the baggage storage areas were also taped up or closed off with stickers mentioning "security". I ended up just storing my suitcase in an empty seat section.
No problem a couple of weeks ago. We used the storage areas there and back.