captain stag got a cookbook for valentine's day (the shock horror from my students when i told them!)... it was jamie oliver's happy days with the naked chef... i thought capt stag would appreciate the recipe for chip butties - one of his favourites... so in actual fact, he's quite accomplished at making them already...

Quote:
Originally posted by P'Jem:
My speciality (and er shifty.gif only meals to make) are moussaka and lagagne.
Woooooo eek.gif I am impressed, were did you learn to make “moussaka” P'Jem? It is Greek food and also one of my specialties. \:D
It’s a real hassle to make though. \:\(

1)Make some Katsuo-dashi(bonito soup stock)

2)Put some salad oil in a pan

3)Put some sliced beef in the pan and fry it

4)Add potato, onion, carrot, greenpeace bean, kon-nyaku in the pan

and fry them for a while.

*kon-nyaku = paste made from the arum root; devil's tongue jelly - in my dictionary.

5)Add the bonito soup stock in the pan until everything gets below the soup, add some shoyu (soy-sauce), mirin ,sake(nihonshu) and sugar.

Don't add shoyu, mirin, sake, sugar too much. Try to add them little by little. You can add them anytime later if you need.

6)put a drop-lid in the pan and simmer it until

everything gets soft enough then serve \:\)

Quote:
Originally posted by gamera:

4)Add potato, onion, carrot, greenpeace bean, kon-nyaku in the pan
and fry them for a while.
\:\)
Cool, I'll try it oh Mirin Master! Thanks

Just one thing, can you buy
Greenpeace Beans anywhere. They're the beans that protect the environment!! lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif

Can cook but rarely have motivation to do it anymore. I like to cook for other's, just not myself. But yeah, it's good to know how to do it I think, just another skill that I think is pretty damn useful.

I make a really great hire-katsudon. It's always been one of my favorite things here in Japan (when the meat is decent), I've learnt how to make my own version with lots of onions, egg and the best meat I can buy. I make it almost every week. clap.gif