Quote:
Originally posted by Kintaro:
My wife and I were sitting outside an onsen town (Akiu) in Miyagi-ken drinking amazake and eating manju when a monkey swooped down on us and stole our manju. As I didn't expect it it scared the hell out of me. eek.gif
Are you sure, Kintaro??? I was attacked by a monkey when I was a 5 yrs old kid. I thought definately because I was a small kid. Hum... sometimes they attack adults as well?
Monkeys are really wild, I got traumatized by the accident, I don't like monkeys at all since.

Yama, I think Habu, Mamushi are poisonous. And here in Nagano pref. Yamagakashi is another poisonous one \:D

I thought your handle name standed for it.
Yama is a poisonous snake, Ladies lol.gif

Yes gamera,positive. However, on second thought it wasn't Akiu it was Sakunami. We were sitting outside next to a river and that dorobo monkey came out of no where to steal our manju.

Quote:
Originally posted by gamera:

Yama, I think Habu, Mamushi are poisonous. And here in Nagano pref. Yamagakashi is another poisonous one \:D

I thought your handle name standed for it.
Yama is a poisonous snake, Ladies lol.gif
gamera, smart@ss - もう生意気なおっさんな!!笑 mad.gif lol.gif

Flipside- Its up in the shizen of Tsugaike. Did some BC just after N.Y.s with Fattwins and some other mates and fell in a Huuuuugggeee creek. Deep as, Fukin freezing as I broke through some ice on the surface, and a good 2-3 meters above my head. Crazy experience. Thats why some of the guys on here call me creek boy (cb) \:o lol.gif

I may be down in Fukuoka end o da month, wanna party at the crazy cock?? clap.gif \:D
 Quote:
Originally posted by Yamakashi:
gamera, smart@ss - もう生意気なおっさんな!!笑 mad.gif lol.gif

LOL Sorry being namaiki, Yama!
I didn't mean anything to offend you!
Probably sometimes I use some unsuitable words or phrases not knowing correct meanings or between the lines though.
Trying to figure everything out but often hard coz English is anyway not my mother tongue \:\(

Ok, I'm planning a trip to Iriomote, can you give me any more beta? Prices, etc? I've read as much as I can but would like to know more by someone who's been there! I think you may have stayed on Ishikawa-shima and day tripped from there? ANy more info would be great thanks!

gamera, sorry, I don't know which train line it's on...I drive. But it's very close to the Miyagi/Yamagata border. And no, the monkey didn't bite us...only stold from us and in a flash was swinging through the trees and gone.

It's okay Kintaro, don't worry.

As I am far apart from there, sometimes I mix Senzan line (Sendai - Yamagata) and Rikuu-tosen line (Ogota - Shinjo). I remember Naruko is along the Rikuu-tosen line but unsure which line Sakunami is along lol

Anyway be careful against monkeys, they are wild!

So you know Naruko?? Naruko gyoo (sp??) is absolutely beautiful in the Fall. I've got a besso in Nakayama Daira, not far from Naruko. I BBQ there every spring, summer and autumn. We've got a very nice onsen..if you're ever in the hood email me and we can hang out.

Yeah, I know Naruko and Nakayama-daira. I have traveled almost entire Japan but Okinawa and Ehime. I traveled Tohoku region at 16 yrs old - so... 28 yrs ago! lol No shinkansen yet, I needed to get on a night train from Ogaki (gifu pref.) to Tokyo then old express train from Ueno all the way to Inawashiro - good old days though.

I stayed in Naruko a couple of days then.

Interesting thing was my electric clock didn't work correct there because I lived in Osaka where the electric cycle is 60Hz, but in Eastern part of Japan has 50Hz. So my clock just went ahead 50 minutes an hour lol.. ( if it's 60Hz, it would went ahead 60 minutes an hour!!)

I found it by the series of old express train passed through. It said 455, if it's in Osaka it was 475. If you were a train fan geek type boy, you know what I am talking about lol

Quote:
Originally posted by Teledude:
Ok, I'm planning a trip to Iriomote, can you give me any more beta? Prices, etc? I've read as much as I can but would like to know more by someone who's been there! I think you may have stayed on Ishikawa-shima and day tripped from there? ANy more info would be great thanks!
Ishigaki-jima...kana?
Yeah, we got a flight/hotel deal and stayed on the main Ishigaki. Can't remember what the price was but that'll change as to where you are. Try Okinawa Tourist Service http://www.ranrantour.jp/ They offer pretty cheap deals, but it's all in Japanese. Ganbatte.

I would have liked to stay on Iriomote for a few nights as it was really away from everything. There are minshuku for about 3000 a night with breaky and dinner.