Just wondered how the ex-teachers got into a different field of work in Japan.

How did you bust out? Did you need heaps of experience (or just cash??) Do you enjoy working in the real Japanese world of employment.

Sometimes I think us teachers have it easy but still...

...looking for the pre-school exit.

Is that hard to find a job for English speaking people? Some people told me it's easy for them to find some in Japan.

A little bit before, Japan times listed some job opportunities on its Monday issues but lately I don't find it. Not sure when they stopped listing them though. A lot description said they needed English native speakers, I am not qualified \:\( lol

Ive never taught english here and Ive been around for 3 years now. It pretty much depends on what your quals are and what shit jobs your prepared to do, and how little money your prepared to work for. All my jobs have come thru people I know setting me up. Heres a small hint.

Get married and send the wife off to work while you play house husband and ski all winter, or for girls vice versa.

Gamera, it's pretty easy for us gaijin to get a job in the teaching industry. Even though the market has downturned a little there seems to be heaps of jobs still out there. It's just when you want to get into something else where you can use your J-go you need to be qualified for something or be prepared to work for a pittance.

Telleboy, you got it sussed. Any beautiful and energetic young women out there want a guy to play house-husband for them??? lol.gif

PM me.

Me PM you.

Quote:
Originally posted by Telleboy:
Heres a small hint.
Get married and send the wife off to work while you play house husband and ski all winter, or for girls vice versa.
Thats my dream But the fact is that I am able to earn in 1 hour what my wife is able to in a day and a half !
Your wife a qualified rocket scientist Telle??