What is an ojisan? Is it a guy of a particular age (what age?) or is it a look/attitude? (or a bit of both)?

The image I have of an ojisan is a pensioner-aged type. That may be completely incorrect...

Do tell!

Shup!Yama!!!!! 何故わかる?LOL

I think Ojisan is originally

#1 Uncle

#2 Middle aged men for youngers - this really depends on the age of youngers side. For kindergarteners, a 20 yrs old man could look like an ojisan...lol

As Orinoco says, I think it means both side - age and attitude. Maybe if you turn 30 years old, you are an ojisan lol

There are many similar ways - depends on the right polite level, I guess.

Ojisan - polite

Oyaji - casual

Ossan - casual or impolite

I think Oyaji means more attitude side rather than age side.(Maybe ossan as well)

Quote:
Originally posted by (Maybe) I'm Sexy:
Sukeba oyaji make me bad feeling. Many time just looking on train or like this, I don't like it. mad.gif
But if you gonna wear it and look da shiat then you gotta expect people to look. Thats why you do it right?

Toque, come to nagoya, have good erebeeta here waiting for you! lol.gif

I usually enjoy fun conversation with Ojisan when I travel alone.

When I was waiting for the train for Nozawa onsen, happy drunk Ojisan talked to me. He was so impressed by me because I was alone to go skiing and he told me about his hobby - hunting! I didn't know you can enjoy hunting in Nagano. I thought hunting was cool hobby. Another Ojisan who is a taxi driver in Hakuba told me his hobby was hiking and drawing. I don't know why they want to tell me their hobbies but I was glad to meet friendly Ojisans with nice hobbies in Nagano!

slow, ya gots to get your priorities straight. If you wanna ski then come with us to Hakuba. But, you seem to enjoy skiing alone or going alone??? wakaranai.gif Maybe you like ossan jarou?! :p

We cant make plans together if you always go ahead and make them alone right? shifty.gif

Yeah, I like talking with Ojisan and Obasan! I respect elderly people.

I enjoy skiing with Phat Luv like you enjoy skiing with Fattwins. She can show me many nice spots and I always have good time with her.

I planned this weekend's trip by myself because I knew she couldn't ski this weekend. I never expected that you were thinking to make plans with me. ;\)