In Chinese, "Fung Shui" is 風水 i.e. wind and water. In means the belief the location and direction will affect your luck and well-being.

A lot of Chinese believe in this and pay big bucks to "Fung Shui Masters" to give them advice on how to set their furniture etc. Even big property developers will consult them before building their projects.

I'm not too superstitious so I have no idea. But I remember that it's not a simple question of N/S, E/W. It sorta depends on what's around you, like a mountain, a tree, river, church...etc.

Certain things are good to face and some are not. And then, some are good to face only in certain situations. One funny thing though, if you are facing something which is bad and you can't avoid it, one way to "neutralize" the effect is to place a mirror facing that direction to "reflect" away the bad effect!

I remember reading somewhere that you SHOULD sleep with your head to the north because the magnetic pull aligns your body and is better for your health and well being. Have no idea if this is true or not though.

Quote:
Originally posted by sunrise:
I remember reading somewhere that you SHOULD sleep with your head to the north because the magnetic pull aligns your body and is better for your health and well being. Have no idea if this is true or not though.
I have heard exactly the same thing. Have no idea if it actually works though.

As far as I am concerned, I don't really care WHERE I sleep or WHAT direction I'm facing. I may be a little concerned about WHEN I sleep and for HOW long, but the really big question is WITH WHOM I sleep. That is the most important surely!

• 2 weeks later...
 Quote:
Originally posted by Markie:
As far as I am concerned, I don't really care WHERE I sleep or WHAT direction I'm facing. I may be a little concerned about WHEN I sleep and for HOW long, but the really big question is WITH WHOM I sleep. That is the most important surely!
Yeah, especially if you go to bed with a nice sunrise coming up eh? \:D