I'm looking for work in the land of soba sandwiches. I am currently applying for a CIR position on JET, but really worried about my chances. Apparently, there were only 8 spots available last year. So i am exploring other options, hopefully with a minimun of english-teaching involved. I am around a Nihongonoryouku shiken 2kyu, and looking for a japanese-speaking job over there. Does anyone know of anything? Or any good websites to search? The old gaijinpot.com and daijob.com stuff is really IT oriented, and not really my thing. Ideally, i'd like to work for an NGO, but alomost anything to get my foot in the door over there will do.

Thanks in advance

sorry, cant help you with the jobs thing, but there were definately more than 8 CIR jobs available last year. we got more new CIRs than that in my prefecture alone...

I might be sukebe, not not enough to qualify for either of those schools. Although if i get desperate, i might just go for another english-teachng job.

A friend of mine said something about a coordinator position at Nozawa Kaikan. Anyone know anything about that? If it is in Nozawa, i would give my right kintama to work there.

are ya interested in working at an english school?

www.ohayosensei.com

is a good place to start. That's where i got my current job.

As for working in Hokkers. There's that Ken Hartman guy, he wants 5K yen for a list of schools to work at. I've never went thru this guy but others have told me he is for real and not a scam.

If you've got IT/finance experience I can hook u up with a headhunter guy i know in Tokes(tim from shinano machi - did u ever meet him?)