I was a big fun of Blizzard games for many years. I failed the forth semester examination when I was in the university, because I was playing Diablo. I failed the sixth semester because I was playing on-line Starcraft. If I get my hands on Warcraft World I will probably fail the Doctors course! lol.gif

P.S. currently playing Settlers IV

sorry, I have just resurfaced after a 3 day session in WoW. Love this game Love this game.

To me its just like watching TV - if theres nothing going on I will play the game. There are things you can do in the game that dont take concentration, like trading in cities, fishing, or running across terrain (there are subways and griffin birds you can use to move faster but its cheaper to just run) so if theres something good on the TV I will do something like that and watch TV. Then when I have time to spare I will go in a dungeon and put in a few hours of killing and levelling up.

Last night I was involved in my first war. I was going about my business in this sort of ghost town area with ghouls/skeletons etc. Anyway, suddenly 20 enemy players turned up (I had never seen them before because the enemy players all live on a seperate island) and started attacking the town in that area, so everyone had to rush back into town to fight them. It was amazing, it was just like how inter-town wars would have been fought 1000s of years ago. First everyone was trying to shoot from distance, then someone just charged in and get pummeled. In the end we kicked their ass though :p

Just read a review of that:

"Far easier than most online RPGs, but still involves lots of number crunching. Expect to be slaughtered by veteran gamers. Take comfort in the knowledge they've never had sex."

lol.gif

its about 20 pounds for three months - not a lot. its totally worth it, i have already played more than 6 days of solid game time, which is much more than it took to complete Half Life 2.

I am only halfway through WoW in terms of getting to the maximum possible level (60), and they are always adding content (new dungeons, quests, items, monsters, features like auction houses, and so on) so I think it is well worth it. Even if it was a single player game this would be better than any other game on the market - the fact that it is a MMORPG makes it incredible! \:D

Last night I met another Japanese speaker (well someone japanese) and we are gonna set up a guild for japanese speakers in the game.

So is the game cheap to buy in the first place or do you still have to shell out for it?

I've heard good things and I remember seeing Warcraft 3.

But is there any value just playing on your own (offline), or can you even.

its about 25 quid to buy with one months free play.

the nature of the game is that most of the characters in it are other players. so there are maybe 1000 other humans playing alongside you, in this massive world. in fact, there are around 100,000 people playing at any one time but there are many different servers so in actuality you can only interact with about 1000.

basically you run around fighting monsters and doing quests (kill 10 spiders, get me ingredients to make frogs leg soup, bring me the head of Sir Dethman etc) and getting cool armor and weapons. u can do the quests alone or in groups of 5 people. u can chat to people in your group, in your guild, people nearby (ie. you can see them), people in middle distance (you can 'yell') or to everyone on the same part of the map as you. this chat is stuff like 'im selling a blue pearl for 30 silver' or 'does anyone know where doug blacksmith is?'.

the game world is about 100x the size of that in half life 2, full of dungeons. each area of the map is different and stunning - e.g. highland area, jungle area, caribbean area, desert, forest, death valley etc. it would probably take you 2 hours to run from the bottom of the world to the top, assuming no monsters killed you.

no its a 100% online game. dont feel pressured by that, when you start you are in a 'newbie zone' so everyone around you will also be in their first few hours of being in the game. so you can make friends and groups straight away, with people who are equally fresh as yourself. there are always solo quests u can do too if no-one is around. only after around 6 hours of playing or so will you be able to move into the better and main areas of the game without getting killed :-)

the first month is free so if u dont like it you can just quit after that first month.