• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well a stolen copy has already popped up on bit torrent sites, so you can get it now if you really want!

It was up 3 weeks before the TV premiere.....bloody pirates... rolleyes razz

I've seen it, that first one. It was alright, didn't think it was amazing but it was good to see Dr Who. Yappari, the memories of all the naff effects, wonky cardboard walls and seemed that much better. It might grow and become a classic, will have to give it another watch on the tv when I can.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

That was about 1964, so I'd have been 11 or 12.

A new boy turned up at school, and gave some very strange answers in the science lesson. The teacher decided to have a chat with the "parents" and the address turned out to be a police box on a bomb site. The rest, my friends, is history.

There wasn't much in the way of children's drama or sci fi on TV then, so it made a big impact.

I agree about Billy Piper. She certainly wouldn't have any trouble keeping up a shoulderless evening dress.

Billy Piper is butt ugly if you ask me. Can't remember where some description said something along the lines of "her eyes, nose and mouth are all competing to take over here face" or something. It was funny when I read it anyway.

The Dr in the 2nd series was better than the 1st I think.

William Hartnell defined the character for me. He was difficult, a prickly character. It first aired in November 1963, so I was 11. Apart from confusing a boy with a girl \:\) my recollection isn't too shabby. Here's Wikipedia.

"The Doctor and Susan had been already travelling for a time before they decided to settle in London to make repairs on the TARDIS. Susan began to attend the Coal Hill School in Shoreditch, where her advanced knowledge of history and science attracted the attention of schoolteachers Ian Chesterton and Barbara Wright. Attempting to solve the mystery of the "unearthly child", Chesterton and Wright followed Susan back to the junkyard, where they heard her voice coming from what appeared to be a police box. When they investigated further, they discovered that the police box exterior hid the much larger interior of the TARDIS, and were whisked away on an adventure in time and space with the Doctor and Susan.

Who do you reckon is/was the best Dr Who? My fav was Tom Baker. The ones before weren't on very often and the ones after him always seemed a bit naff.

Something I wish the Sci Fi shows would do is to get into a bit of cross promotion - say have a star trek episode where they meet the daleks - extermin - kaaaabooom! It would be nice to see the things which have been scaring kids and causing nightmares for generations get a real arse kicking.

Anyone seen the new Battlestar Galatica series? Niiiiiiiice.

http://www.battlestargalactica.com/newguide.htm

Good to see they are putting it on here.

It's the Dalek one next Tuesday.

All a bit crappy, though those farting aliens last night had some charm. Then again I suppose Dr Who is suppose to be a bit crappy. I'd love to see some of the older ones that I vaguely remember from when I was a kid.

• 1 year later...