• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Richter 6 surfaced at about 10:53 this morning and spilt my coffee. Not happy. It's amazing how flimsy big, concrete apartment buildings really can be.

The aftershocks occurred intermittently all day. I still feel like everythings moving sometimes and have to check the glass of water on the table to see if it's just me or Richter 1 or 2 saying hello again.

Wonder if I'll sleep tonight shifty.gif

Although it was extremely scary it's funny how I still felt some sort of excitment during it all. Is that weird? confused.gif

I have some classmates in my university days and called them yesterday. They are okay, but one of them asked me not to make any rings to check them okay or not because they have to think about what they have to do first at the moment.

If each and every friend, relative make rings to check, they are to get bothered - they have to stop doing something to be on the phone which is really annoying in that situation. They have to survive the day. I guess probably they are in confusion now which is more than I imagine.

Me jane, finally one of my classmates called me yesterday to tell he was okay. He says they just broadcast only cruel pictures so that people think it was so bad. He lives in Fukuoka city and says though a lot glasses, house belongings were destroyed but houses are mostly okay. Some old houses were damaged.

In Kikaijima where a lot old houses were destroyed, people escaped to Hakata.

In Saga, it was a bit lighter he told.

Any problems with pdf file, me jane?

If you don't have Adobe Acrobat in your puter, it's quicker to see some. My puter goes really slow after I install Acrobat to see pdf. file. Only acrobat READER is better if it's just to see some.

Quote:
Originally posted by Phantom Raspberry Blower:
Very weird I think.

It was magnitude 7 actually (doesn't magnitude = richter?)
Actually it was a 7 in magnitude 70 kms out to sea. Fukuoka only got hit with a 6. It was stronger in some parts of the city than others. Where I was, it threw a lot of things about. My friends' decks were left destroyed but in my apartment there were only a few things fallen.

OK, so I like the thrill of the earth moving! Did it move for you? Not to say I don't have to change my underwear everytime we get an aftershock. Still shaking!

pdfs, we had that discussion a while ago and I think 0 people said they liked them. Such a pain, they completely freeze up your computer..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...