• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hello guys,

i am back again ,i wanted to predict earthquake that occured on 20 june in japan but i was not well, i even got hospitalised ,i am sufferinng from typhoid,i am on bed from last month never mind i want to give prediction for future earthquake in japan and even indonesia-

1.there will be strong earthquake in indonesia on 3 or 6 july 2005 of 6.0 to 7.0 on richter scale.

earthquake prediction for japan-

1.there will be an earthquake in japan on 4th or 8t of August 2005 of around 6 on richter scale.

2. There will be a strong earthquake in Japan in eastern Honshu or Hokkaido on 3rd or 7th of Sep 2005 of 6 to 7 on richter scale.

3. There will a be a strong earthquake in Japan in Hokkaido or noth-eastern Honshu on 16th Oct 2005 of 6 to 7 or more on richter scale.

Please remember these dates and check my predictions.

I am currently giving this some serious thought and I will be back with my findings. I won't let other peoples ideas sway mine though, be reassured about that. I just want the truth to be out there.

Here's my call.

- There will be an earthquake in Japan in August, above mag 4.

- There will be another earthquake in Japan in September, above mag 5.

- There may be more than above prediction.

One will be in west Japan, the other in east Japan. Maybe.

I'm sorry I can't be more exact than that at present. The fear the heat is affecting my prediction skills. \:\(

• 2 weeks later...

Not positive news this:

Tokyo quake fault 17 km shallower than thought

The earthquake fault beneath the Tokyo metropolis is much shallower than previously thought and thus potentially more dangerous, according to a report in Science magazine released Friday.

According to the report, a joint study conducted by the University of Tokyo's Earthquake Research Institute, Chiba University and other institutions shows the depth of the inland fault, which produced the 1923 Great Kanto Earthquake, may be about 17 km shallower than previously estimated.

"A shallower earthquake source fault means that shaking in the event of a quake will be stronger," said Hiroshi Sato, a geology professor at the Earthquake Research Institute who led the study. "So estimates of anticipated damage in the metropolitan area should be reviewed."

The fault is located where the Philippine Sea plate subducts under the Eurasian plate, which includes Japan, underneath the Tokyo metropolitan region.

• 2 weeks later...

Do many people on here worry about quakes, I mean really worry? I know theres nothing you can do about them, but it's one of those things that I just dislike about Japan generally.

I'm from California so I grew up with it. I suppose I'd say the same thing about tornadoes if I were from Kansas. Anyway, I probably worry more about avalanches now because I'm on the snow so often during the season.