• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone ever heard of this -

"In 1976 the British astronomer Patrick Moore announced on BBC Radio 2 that at 9:47 AM on April Fools' Day, a once-in-a-lifetime astronomical event would occur and that listeners could experience it in their very own homes. The planet Pluto would pass behind Jupiter, temporarily causing a gravitational alignment that would counteract and lessen the Earth's own gravity. Moore told his listeners that if they jumped in the air at the exact moment of this planetary alignment, they would experience a strange floating sensation. When 9:47 AM arrived, they began to receive hundreds of phone calls from listeners claiming to have felt the sensation !"

Do the planets ever effect the tides?

"Do the planets ever effect the tides?"

If I remebmer correctly the moon is 80-90% responsible for the tides, the sun is most of the rest and "other bodies" are only a percent or two or less.

Keep that 'other body' out of here.

Yes, we've been rockin and rolling here in Kyushu almost once a fortnight since the big one which stimulated this thread. Just last week I was woken by a 5er. Damn good alarm clock, I tell ye. From the model they had on NHK news I understand the stress thats going down on those pacific plates. Wouldn't surprise me if Rahjas prediction is right. Hell I reckon we'll be due for another rattler about next week. Golden Week sounds about right.

Have yourself a nice, golden one.

Shaken, not stirred.

Quote:
yes OCEAN 11 you are right.i am using the same theory.as moon is closest to earth but is very small as compared to other planets still it effect our ocean tides so why cant jupiter or saturn which is much far away from earth can effect tectonic plates of earth because of there size.as you all know that size of jupiter is equal to 1300 earth and has very strong gravity.
one of the reason for tsunami occured in indonesia on 26 dec 2004 was on 26 dec 2004 it was full moon and as you all know that tides rises very high on full moon. i have found in my research that major earthquakes like kobe earthquake occured on 17 jan 1995 or earthquake occured in hokkaido in 25 sep 2003 of 8.3 occured on full moon and new moon.i have found that many strong earthquakes mostly occur on days near to full moon or new moon but not always.this is the effect of planets on our earth sadly ignored by many scientist of the world.
There has been some research done on the effect high tides have on volcanic eruptions in the Aleutian Islands. This has more to do with the added weight of more water on the land as opposed to gravity having any effect, however.

Interesting stuff Rahul, but personally, I believe astrology is bunk. It seems you're basically applying only one factor to make your predictions. Having a little knowledge of how natural systems on Earth work, it is apparent to me that nothing is this simple. There are a lot of complicated factors and interactions that come in to play, many of which unfortunately can't be observed. Could the gravitational pull of planets millions of miles away be the catalyst that sparks big quakes? Highly doubtful, but I am open to this posibility I guess. Someone with more time on their hands could simply look back at astronomical records and attempt to correlate them with quakes happening around the world. Good luck finding a realistic pattern though - not just coincidental data that supports your theory.

Just my .02 yen on the matter.

PS - the surf kicked ass on Sep 22 and 23 2003 - thanks full moon! ;\)

mr plucky u misunderstood me i am not giving earthquake prediction just by watching full moon or new moon it is not possible to predict earthquakes on this basis yes this method help me to predict date of earthquake more accurately sometimes.i have taken historical data of earthquakes of different countries from u.s.g.s. sites and developed more accurate method by correlating movement of planets and earthquake occured in the past.here i cant tell you my method and dont wont you to believe me ,first just check my predictions which i will keep sending on this page in the future.

as far as astrology is concerned it is great science developed by our indian seers thousand of years ago.they new about movement of earth and planets of our solar systems thousands of years ago.where as scientist of modern world came to know of different planets only 3 to 4 centuries ago.when galileo galilei the great astronomer of mordern world said that earth is round and not flat as considered by people of europe and arabia ,for his this new finding he was asked to a apologize or to drink poison.at that time when common people of the world think that earth was flat because of lack of scientific knowledge,indians knew about jupiter,saturn,mars and other planetary movements at that time also.

Interested to know more about how you determin whether it will be "south of Tokyo", or "Kyushu", etc. Can you tell us more on that?

Quote:
THERE WILL BE AN EARTHQUAKE IN JAPAN ON 1 MAY 2005 OF 5.0 TO 6.0 OF RICHTER SCALE IN KYUSHU ISLAND
I thought I'd just bring this thread up again.... not long left on 1st May now. (I hope I'm not tempting fate there....)

hello friends,

here again my prediction has come true.

I PREDICTED AN EARTHQUAKE ON 1 MAY 2005 IN KYUSHU ISLAND IN JAPAN. WHICH OCCURED IN JAPAN TODAY AT 1:24 A.M. OF 4.9 ON RICHTER SCALE IN KYUSHU.

what else u need to predict an earthquake?no one could predict so accurately.ocean 11 just see website of kyodo news .one person is injured in this earthquake.AGAIN THIS TIME MY DATE,PLACE,MAGNITUDE IS ALMOST CORRECT.

NOW WAIT AND WATCH MY NEXT PREDICTION.

I was looking out for that on the 1st, and surprised to read about the one on early morning 2nd the following day.

It will be very interesting to see how your other predictions turn out.

hello friends

as you all know i am doing research in predicting earthquake.MY NEXT PREDICTION IS-

THERE WILL BE A STRONG EARTHQUAKE IN JAPAN IN KYUSHU ISLAND OR SOUTH-EAST OF HONSHU ON 20 OR 22 MAY 2005 OF 6.0 TO 7.0 ON RICHTER SCALE.

Quote:
Originally posted by Yamakashi:
Bet you a bowl of curry there isnt one ;\)
Rahul mate, can I collect your curry for you?

A fine establishment like Gaylords in Kobe sounds good to me. clap.gif

I wish we had some more specific information on the location and timing of this. I expect to spend a certain period of time on Friday with my pants down, and I don't want the two times to coincide...