Mass drinking of beer under the trees

So has anyone been out to drink beer and snacks with zillions of other people crammed under the sakura on a big blue mat yet? \:\) Niigata's time isn't here yet, but I'm sure some people in warmer places must have been through this tradition already.

I had a blast last year. Good people, good beer, good food, and met my g/f as well. Bargain. Go with the right attitude (and get drunk)

peter01.com - perhaps blue ones have a lot size, easy to get and not expensive. I don't think it looks cool though.

1.8meters x 2.7meters

2.7meters x 5.4meters

3.6meters x 4.5meters whatever.

And never found any other color, only blue. Don't know why.

I think people used 'goza'(thin tatami mat which you can roll ) instead of blue sheet long ago.

Good for you I=I=I=I=I <- BTW how do we pronounce your username? :-)

Those tarpaulin mats ... you can have any colours as long as it is blue!

Yoyogi park was PACKED with people viewing the sakura on Saturday. The buds were hardly even out but it didnt stop thousands of people from getting really smashed underneath these trees. It was freezing cold but everyone was jovial enough and it was actually quite a fun afternoon in the end!

I'm at one of these gatherings - whether I like it or not and whether there are any blossoms are not. I dodn't really care, coz theres a hot girl at work and I'd like the chance to get to know her a bit more. \:D

Im looking forward to drinking in a park with my mates - couldnt tell you how many times (only 3 really) I got pissed cuz you cant buy beer in Georgia on Sunday. Damn BB! mad.gif :rolleyes:

Japan and alcohol is sweet. I love being able to drink a beer outside and not have to worry about getting arrested \:D

Fattwins, wassup for this weekend since youre not skiing? Lets Hanami!! cool.gif

Hey Gamera,

Are there lots of sakura out your way when the season hits? I'm thinking of hitting the mountains somewhere that's full of them after I get back from Oz (sometime near the end of the month) to get my sakura hit for the year.

I got a picture from a friend in Beppu. The sakura looked great and brought back some good memories (none of which involved blue plastic or mass drinking, not an aspect of sakura time that I appreciated).

Happy sakura!