What the F! is Active X. Well, I kinda know, but recently sites that were coming up ok in IE are now (including CNN, BBC, Guardian) are being flagged us as possibly having "unsafe Active X components" or something, and popups appearing to tell me this and parts of the pages not showing properly. Whatever I do (spend a couple of hours messing round with the internet options and looked a bit online) and I just cannot get rid of the messages and its getting really annoying.

Can somebody maybe help or point me in the right direction.

That direction might well be Firefox, but I'd like to get some closure on this IE problem first!

Cheers

My advice, get rid of IE. Nothing but a pain in the a#$e. Get Firefox!! That will definetly solve your problems and you won't be frustrated looking for closure.

You could try re-installing IE but be sure to save your bookmarks first. PS; Make sure you have an alternative browser if you do this.

Oh well I have good news. I decided to completely reinstall windows. I was pretty worried that I might just be digging a deeper hole and things would go from bad to worse, but took the risk.

And....

It seems to be working fine now! clap.gif

Phew.

What a relief.

I suppose its taken the best part of the day to get that all done.

But one thing I noticed is really strange. When I try to use some of the symbols above the number buttons ie the and symbol, brackets etc - they come up as other symbols. The symbols seem to be mixed up.

This is real tiring. Any ideas on that?

Got it sorted thanks. Seems there was a conflict and I have 2 settings installed. Working ok now.

I appreciate the help sakebomb - thanks! Have a beer on me.

I remember once when I tried to fix a really small thing like that and ended up pulling my hair out for a full weekend. I tend to put up with small things now, I have bad memories of that weekend.

Glad it worked out.

Actually recently when I open Excel or Word file on my computer some warning appear about this Active x. There is some explain but I do not understand it. My friend look also and cannot fix the message to not appear. mad.gif