Quote:
Originally posted by Markie:
Damn! I have to work harder on brushing up my Nihongo! \:o
me too. I wonder if we can add a Chinese slang thread - Im starting up Chinese this month Markie. Damn, Kanji are gonna really give me nightmares now \:\(

本当ですか。中国語 を 勉強しますか。

At least with Chinese language, with only a few exceptions, each kanji only has one pronunciation.

By the way, why are you studying Chinese? Planning a career/location move?

Yup, probably both career and location move. Plus its a competition thang with my pops - he speaks 3 languages fluently and two so-so. So, Id like to study Mandarin and be more fluent at it than my pops. He cant read Chinese so well anymore but thats probably just his age I keep telling him lol.gif

That's a tuffie, that competition with dad thing. I was lucky to be able to better my pop by the time of my U graduation. The only language he was better than me in was Portuguese, off which I know nothing.

That got to him a bit when I replaced him as the authority to ask in the family when anyone had an argument....instead of "ask dad", it became "ask Markie".

Mine is real simple. 1/4 of it gets saved, the rest is for spend. If I have some left over at the end of the year, it gets either spent on a prezzie or saved.