Ok, so yesterday I was shopping for a new printer and my wife saw the new iMac, we are also in the market for a new television. Anyway she got all excited ;\) and asked if you can watch TV on one of these babys! And in a moment of excitement and opportunity I said yes shifty.gif . I am tired of fighting with windows/PC mad.gif and would love to go back to the Mac.

So to my question-

Can you watch TV on your Mac no problems?

I did a search and it looks possible with some software but was wondering if anyone here has had first hand experiance?

Hold off on buying any Mac until at least the end of this Month. In particular the iMac.

With the release of the Tiger slated for sometime this month there is talk of a beefed up iMac being released also to bring it up to speed for use with Tiger. (The current iMac will not be a problem, just maybe a little slower with the different video required for optimal Tiger performance.)

As for the TV thingy there, I am to bgin research myself.

I guess if you got a Mac Mini and used your TV as your puter screen then you could in effect say that yes you can watch TV on a Mac ;\)

Yeah Mogs, They are bringing out the 2g version where as the current one is 1.8.

If you are looking at buying you could buy the 1800 at a way cheaper price with a cheap upgrade to Tiger, in june (they say)

Or go for the new beast (Tiger)

I don't think that there is going to be that much of a noticeable difference for the average user between the 2. So you could get a bargain! mee too!