As disillusioned as Clive Sinclair perhaps

More like

"what the **** is that?"

One of the lads at our school who was generally bullied was once accused of owning a C5. It was part of the bullying, you see.

I actually knew someone who had one of those things. As you can imagine he was the laughing stock. I was still at school then (I think?) but I remember people laughing at him. He thought he was really with it. lol.gif

Clive dude made this before E's were popular, perhaps he was one of the first.

What the fvck are you guys on about? That's what I thought last night when I saw a young dude cruise by on a modern day GREEN MACHINE. I really wanted one of these, they were the king of all cool things to have as a kid.

The original

GreenMachineAD.jpg

Today's Green Machine:

gm1.jpg

http://www.huffybikes.com/images/greenmachine/GMQTVR-2.mov

You had to be around in the 70's to have been part of the Green Machine wave. If you weren't then don't try and pretend you were. It would be like a 23 year old trying to talk about hoy they went to Nirvana concerts.

Don't forget the Big Wheels. It was made by the same company (I think?) except it had yellow handlebars instead of the levers. The plastic wheels used to wear out for sure, but were the secret to the awesome sliding potential. I had a few huge stacks riding those from the top of our hill, yank the levers, fully sideways into the driveway, over a jump and into the back yard.

When I have a kid they are getting one of those. Simply wicked clap.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Dims:

Don't forget the Big Wheels. It was made by the same company (I think?) except it had yellow handlebars instead of the levers. The plastic wheels used to wear out for sure, but were the secret to the awesome sliding potential. I had a few huge stacks riding those from the top of our hill, yank the levers, fully sideways into the driveway, over a jump and into the back yard.

When I have a kid they are getting one of those. Simply wicked lol.gif

I wouldnt mind having one. The boardwalk near my place would be epic for it \:D

I go rollerblading out there and get strange looks - probably cuz I passing people on bikes at twice the speed. That would draw some really strange looks Im sure cool.gif

yeah!! For a period as a young guy I lived in a rural area. We used to have a long unsealed steep road near my home, I was about 10 years old. The next door neighbour had two of those big wheels things and we would race down the hill. The fixed pedals wild go so damned fast that you would lose a foot of they went near them. My brother was the emergency service and if there was a crash then he would race down the hill on a bmx making a siren noise. I remember once I once crashed into a goat (there were several chained along the road top keep the grass short).

We trashed those plastic big wheelers. The more battle worn they got the more we rode them harder.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...