Good movies you've seen recently

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Perhaps you should stop looking up your own asshole.

I saw Alvin and the Chipmunks 3.   I would like to kill all chipmunks and all people called Alvin.

I reckon he stole more than a loaf of bread. 100 more like

Watched Arnie in Commando for the millionth time last night!! Quality Arnie movie, laden with great Arnie quotes:

"Remember I said I would kill you last.........I lied!"

"Where is Salli? I let him go"

"Don't disturb my friend, he's dead tired!"

and this is the best one.....right at the end

lol quality movie!! It looks like an A-Team TV Show

Originally Posted By: snowhuntress
Saw Avatar today. Yep really enjoyed it, same as everyone else!!

Me too! Loved it. Did you see it in 3d? You have to see it in 3d, it is like a completely different movie.
Originally Posted By: MitchPee

Me too! Loved it. Did you see it in 3d? You have to see it in 3d, it is like a completely different movie.

2 thumbs up here. I felt like I was on an acid trip with those colors and 3D effects. Quite a predictable movie, but very cool nonetheless. It def raised the bar as far as style/action goes. My friend and I both said we wouldnt mind watching it again in the theater.
Originally Posted By: Creek Boy
Originally Posted By: MitchPee

2 thumbs up here. I felt like I was on an acid trip with those colors and 3D effects. Quite a predictable movie, but very cool nonetheless. It def raised the bar as far as style/action goes. My friend and I both said we wouldnt mind watching it again in the theater.

Exactly how I felt CB, plot could have strayed a bit different from the fairy tale it was but oh well, still awesome!

Put it in another thread but perhaps people should be warned before seeing it wink

--

A utopian planet inhabited by blue aliens is the ideal setting for a bit of cinematic escapism.

But the world of the sci-fi epic Avatar is so perfect the line between fact and fiction has become somewhat blurred.

Movie-goers have admitted being plagued by depression and suicidal thoughts at not being able to visit the planet Pandora.

Set in the future when Earth's resources have been depleted, director James Cameron's film tells the story of a corporation trying to mine a rare mineral.

The humans clash with the natives - a peace-loving race of 7ft tall, blue-skinned creatures called the Na'vi, who exist in perfect harmony with nature.

Fans have flooded the internet with their confused feelings. On the site Avatar Forums, the topic 'Ways to cope with the depression of the dream of Pandora being intangible' has more than 1,000 posts.

In a similar forum, one user wrote: 'When I woke up this morning after watching Avatar for the first time yesterday, the world seemed grey. It just seems so meaningless.

'I still don't really see any reason to keep doing things at all. I live in a dying world.'

An interesting one, hopefully.

I saw some 'romantic comedy' type thing with Cameron Diaz in it last night. (Don't ask). Was lightweight and at times actually made me laugh. Perhaps I shouldn't have shared that.

Originally Posted By: BagOfCrisps
Put it in another thread but perhaps people should be warned before seeing it wink

--

A utopian planet inhabited by blue aliens is the ideal setting for a bit of cinematic escapism.
But the world of the sci-fi epic Avatar is so perfect the line between fact and fiction has become somewhat blurred.
Movie-goers have admitted being plagued by depression and suicidal thoughts at not being able to visit the planet Pandora.
Set in the future when Earth's resources have been depleted, director James Cameron's film tells the story of a corporation trying to mine a rare mineral.
The humans clash with the natives - a peace-loving race of 7ft tall, blue-skinned creatures called the Na'vi, who exist in perfect harmony with nature.
Fans have flooded the internet with their confused feelings. On the site Avatar Forums, the topic 'Ways to cope with the depression of the dream of Pandora being intangible' has more than 1,000 posts.
In a similar forum, one user wrote: 'When I woke up this morning after watching Avatar for the first time yesterday, the world seemed grey. It just seems so meaningless.
'I still don't really see any reason to keep doing things at all. I live in a dying world.'

Just what is UP with some people?!?!
Quote:
James Cameron’s science fiction epic Avatar is expected to become today the most commercially successful film ever made, overtaking his Titanic. According to estimates released last night, the 3-D movie was just $2 million short of Titanic’s record global ticket sales of $1,843 million.

Seems the "gamble" paid off.