Good movies you've seen recently

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Perhaps you should stop looking up your own asshole.

I saw Alvin and the Chipmunks 3.   I would like to kill all chipmunks and all people called Alvin.

I reckon he stole more than a loaf of bread. 100 more like

Originally Posted By: iiyamadude
What happened to Bond?
Used to be fun with Blofelds and a light touch.
Last decade it's been smelly Brosnan cheese followed by too-serious-for-it's-own-good Quazi de Solution or whatever it was called.

I agree.
Let's get back to some cool Goldfinger > OHMSS-like era recipie.
Though I doubt the magic could reappear.

Just saw District 9

Overall, a good movie, good special effects, good connection to the characters, surprisingly so as they were aliens.

Read no more unless ......

Click to reveal..

I found the central character very dissappointing in a central character sort of way. An annoyance as he was written to be a weasel, a coward, a very selfish character.

On the other hand, the aliens purposely made to look the scum that they were to win the disdain of the audience was effective. And as the film progresses, the audience is drawn to the lack of humanity a ruling species would exhibit and sympathies go towards the aliens. That little nipper is just great.

Would I go see it again? yes.

Would I buy it on DVD? yes.

Would I recommend my friends see it? yes.

But I would've liked it more if the weasel was less of one to begin with.

That one where an ill-suited dude and chick have a one night stand and get pregnant comedy. Can't think of the name. First half was very funny, dropped off later on.

Blade Runner seems to get tons of praise - I tried watching it this weekend and I was just totally totally bored. Gave up after 50 minutes. What went wrong??? Why is it so popular? Or is it just a nerd thing?

Gattaca really surprised me. I't not even heard of it at the time and was recommended to me by someone I would really take recommendations from.

Proved to be an outstanding, thought provoking movie (and Uma was nice biggrin )

I first caught it late one night on Foxtel, up with a fussy child. I have watched it a few times since when I have stumbled across it. Papa cant work out why I want to watch it again after having seen it a few times already - but I pick up new things every time, and it is such an incredible story line.

Originally Posted By: griller
Blade Runner seems to get tons of praise - I tried watching it this weekend and I was just totally totally bored. Gave up after 50 minutes. What went wrong??? Why is it so popular? Or is it just a nerd thing?

It was good sci fi when it first came out. Very cliche'd with minions riding around on bicycles with lighted umbrella stems. Harrison Ford eating ramen from a stall. Geisha model eating maltesers on fiant vid screen.

Have to agree Muika.

I LOVED Logans Run when it came out (how old am I?) - the whole premise of exterminating humans when they hit 30 really appealed to me as a child - after all who wanted to live after 30?

Of course - I watched it when I was 35, and not only did I think it was a ridiculous story line but the cinematography was AWFUL.

And for what it is worth - my 10yrs AFTER 30 have been significantly better and more fun filled than those prior. LOL