Good movies you've seen recently

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Perhaps you should stop looking up your own asshole.

I saw Alvin and the Chipmunks 3.   I would like to kill all chipmunks and all people called Alvin.

I reckon he stole more than a loaf of bread. 100 more like

Originally Posted By: muikabochi
I watched a bit of some movie called God of Guns or something with Nicholas Cage. It was rubbish. I should have known..... Nicholas Cage was in it!

I haven't seen that and don't claim to be a film critic or anything but I tend to agree with you muikabochi, every single Nicholas Cage film I have seen, I have disliked.

Isn't that the Japanese alter-ego of the Hollywood movie Lord of War?

Nicholas Cage is an arms dealer and embarks on a 2hr story of....erm...selling arms?

*yawn* sleep.gif

Nic Cage movies suck

Originally Posted By: Markie
 Originally Posted By: muikabochi
I watched a bit of some movie called God of Guns or something with Nicholas Cage. It was rubbish. I should have known..... Nicholas Cage was in it!

I haven't seen that and don't claim to be a film critic or anything but I tend to agree with you muikabochi, every single Nicholas Cage film I have seen, I have disliked.

Leaving Las Vegas was pretty good.
National Treasure was pretty educational
The Rock was good with a rockin soundtrack
Honeymoon in Vegas was hilarious. "The flying Elvises"

nicholas cage does some of the worst schlock you could ever imagine

dumb action movies have their place, but he seems to relish corny roles in movies like con air, the rock, ghost rider, the windtalkers, face off, gone in 60 seconds etc. i would watch these movies on a plane, but i don't think you could regard any of them as good. anyone who saw ghost rider would have to agree that it's one of the corniest movies of all time. and as an action movie hero he is quite an odd choice - he looks goofy and is balding, but he seems to be a big box-office draw.

but then he's done some fantastic stuff like adaptation. that's one of my fave films and it stunned me that nicholas cage could play a role that didn't involve big guns and tits

i actually thought lord of war was quite good

Yeah BoC, The Rock was a decent action movie, but Nicholas Cage is still shit in it.

For Lord of war, I wasn't entertained

Gone in 60 secs, see above

Con Air, still wiping the cheese of my DVD player

Face Off, ditto

Originally Posted By: thursday
I don't look at it so critically.
"Are you entertained?"
"Are you entertained?" :Maximus.

That's all I'm after.

sometimes it's good to be challenged. you can be entertained on different levels.
yep, i'll watch action movies and drinks beers and have a laugh. just because i find them vaguely entertaining doesn't make them good.
and other times i like to watch something smart, interesting or different. but just because it tries to be smart, entertaining or different doesn't mean it's any good either

i'm not a film snob though. i like being entertained. i'd rather sit through a goofball comedy than a black and white arthouse film

i just reckon most nick cage movies are shite

I really liked The Lake House, yes Keanu Reaves sucks as an actor, but, even with all the cheeze oooozing out, I still liked it. Maybe Im a hopeless romantic? ...hence no GF? shifty.gif \:\(

where is that thread about paying for sex??? Maybe Ill change my vote and start paying to date somebody \:\)

watched quentin tarrantino's latest 'Death Proof' last night. woah. totally weird and gruesome and boring in parts but with a great ending.

Tonight I might try to watch the bourne ultimatum but I'll prob be too busy packing for Hakuba

There is a new Coen Brothers film out.

I saw the shorts the other night. It looked very gruesome. "No Country For Old Men" is the title.

It was a bit like that minnesota film(fargo) but more edgier.

the coen brothers rock.

the big lebowski was fantastic.

And Oh Brother. I saw the stage show of the music in Nashville on a DVD. Really traditional bluegrass. top stuff.

I do not know wes anderson. but i have heard of the darjeeling thingie. I might go and have a look.

wes anderson also directed rushmore, the royal tenenbaums and the life aquatic. all of which are amongst my favourite movies, but the life aquatic is just awesome. if you liked the big lebowski, you must have good taste, so check out the life aquatic. very funny, very sharp and quirky indie cool

Originally Posted By: Creek Boy
I really liked The Lake House, yes Keanu Reaves sucks as an actor, but, even with all the cheeze oooozing out, I still liked it. Maybe Im a hopeless romantic? ...hence no GF? shifty.gif \:\(

where is that thread about paying for sex??? Maybe Ill change my vote and start paying to date somebody \:\)

CB, the Boat House is an adaptation (rip) from the Korean movie Il Mare. The Korean one is much much much much much better.