Good movies you've seen recently

Quote:
Al Gores film is really well done. People should see it!
Definitely. I watched it a second time at the weekend. It should be required watching. The poster is very cool too.
  • Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Perhaps you should stop looking up your own asshole.

I saw Alvin and the Chipmunks 3.   I would like to kill all chipmunks and all people called Alvin.

I reckon he stole more than a loaf of bread. 100 more like

i just watched it too. well worth it. and worth the effort required to get everyone you know to watch it as well. if there is one thing, there are in fact many, the slide show does really well it is demonstrate the dire consequences of our in-action.

They have the Gore book in my local library. Shame the man didn't lift a finger when he was vice-Pres.

I saw Munich the other day. Although it acknowledges it's fiction, and has been criticized for not being 'true', and is also a cracking good adventure story, it's a very good effort, especially for a mainstream Jewish American filmmaker. Nice sly touch showing the WTC Twin Towers in the closing shot. (I tried shooting a neighbour's dog with my bicycle pump, but I guess the ones in the film were a different brand.)

lol.gif been barking all night has it O11?

Munich was good, but a little long for my liking (I don't mind long movies, but just felt it lost its way a little in there for a while), but otherwise I enjoyed it.

Didn't gore try and get the senate to pass some laws but got completely out-voted?

i saw Freedom to Fascism the other day. the verdict is still out. the results to his investigation of the IRS are alarming. however, i do think he twists reality a little bit as he attempts to tie the plots together. seems a little alarmist to me, and his ideas about the economy and gold don't make sense in my understanding of capital wealth. but, i am not an economist, so i don't know.

anyone else see it yet?

re jackass 2

i don't think they have any disgusting/taboo things left to do. I did feel like throwing up a couple of times. the last joke was too good thumbsup.gif

yeah, more skating would have been good. I had a good laugh at 'the gauntlet' though

I watched Taladega Nights the other week and found it hilarious... there is something about Will Ferrell That just cracks me up. I rated this one almost as highly as Anchorman.

Really want to see it again...I almost suffocated with laughter at the part where he drives the car blind-folded and side-swipes several cars before mounting the curb and crashing into a house...

hey toque. life aquatic was sweet huh? super cool retro style.

not sure if this has been mentioned already, but i watched i love (heart) huckabees last night. i'd heard bad things about it, but i loved it. kooky and off beat, and very funny.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone here seen the Borat movie?

No but I want to. Looks funny from the clips I've seen. I want to see it in Japan with Japanese subtitles because I'm sure they'll be a disaster.

• 4 weeks later...

Saw 'Crash' a couple of weeks ago. It's a very well crafted film. (I wonder if any non-American can watch it and not feel a bit ... ambivalent ... about America afterwards.)

Also saw 'Otoko-tachi no Yamato' at the weekend. I expected it to be good and it was. What a terrible story of waste.