Good movies you've seen recently

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Perhaps you should stop looking up your own asshole.

I saw Alvin and the Chipmunks 3.   I would like to kill all chipmunks and all people called Alvin.

I reckon he stole more than a loaf of bread. 100 more like

Just saw World Trade Center last night. I can't recommend it. Nick Cage just laid there under a bunch of rubble for the whole movie while his family was worried sick. I wanted to see him work a little harder for his money!

Otherwise... seemed pretty realistic... Oliver Stone flick... a bit of a tear jerker... but nothing much happened.

I avoid anything with Nicolas Cage in it. The thought of him droning on for an hour like that is just too much to bear.

I hear there's no controversy to it whatsoever. Whats up with Olly Stone? No controv?! ;\)

You want to watch something different than all that mainstream Hollywood junk?

Find a movie called Buffalo 66!

Vincent Gallo plays the character Billy Brown.

Billy Brown just got out of jail and he need to go home to his parents and show off his wife and talk about his government job that has kept him from visiting them for 5(?) years.

The movie is very well written, the dialogue is funny and tragic at the same time

The filming is surreal and exciting (sorry no explosions)

Vincent Gallo and the movie reminds me of Tarantino, whit out Hollywood.

I have stopped posting in this tread about every movie i watch. This one is truly special and i want to share...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118789/

Saw II - enjoyed it's nastiness. I hear III is "much nastier". eek.gif

I went through a 'fed up of movies' period but recently have been watching more again. I just avoid cliche action flicks now and am a bit more selective. (But sometimes like a film like Saw!)

Saw was very good. Saw II was ok (story not as good, but more gory bits), and not actually written by the same guys. They took anothert storyline they had lying around and just changed it to fit the Saw idea. Saw III? Just gore?

Bought a three-pack DVD on the weekend:

Pitch Black, The Chronicles of Riddick and Doom.

Okay, Doom is mindless fairy-floss based on a computer game. But its a no stress bit of fluff that kills a few hours.

PB and Riddick are pretty good, under-rated, sci-fi films. PB was made on a shoe-string, both deliver a reasonable entertainment value.

Besides, getting three okay movie DVD's for $25? Gotta be happy with that.

Afraid i have to agree with O11: Buffallo 66 is one of the worst films i have ever seen (along with Breaking the Waves) it is the most self-indulgent waste of screen time ever. And I like movies that people would scorn as 'art-house'.

Just watched Beetlejuice again. It was ok.

Also Tasogare Seibei - a bit cheezy but worth it for the final quarter.

also a life less ordinary for light hearted but stylish fun.

Just re-watched Clockwork Orange. Not exactly enjoyable but well worth seeing. Violent street crime, corrupt police, amoral politicians.. Plus ca change. Free will versus authority and a swipe at religion.

At the time of release it was heavily criticised for the violence by the authorities. I thought it much less violent than something like Straw Dogs, and suspect that the submersive message was the real threat.

Not a masterpiece like Dr Strangelove or 2001, but it was a controversial film, and Kubrick is always worth watching.

watched Invincible last night. It was alright. I thought that they could have squeezed a few more emotional moments from the sports scenes, especially at the end.

I'm in the middle of watching the benchwarmers now and it's pretty funny. It's got napoleon dynamite in it.