Good movies you've seen recently

Was this an April's fool story?

---

Here’s the latest edition of “Remakes, Sequels, and Reboots That No One Wants.” Universal has apparently decided it’s a good idea to develop a sequel to the 1988 film Twins, which starred Arnold Schwarzenegger and Danny DeVito as mismatched twins separated at birth. This time around, the movie will be called Triplets because they two realize they have another brother they weren’t aware of: Eddie Murphy.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Perhaps you should stop looking up your own asshole.

I saw Alvin and the Chipmunks 3.   I would like to kill all chipmunks and all people called Alvin.

I reckon he stole more than a loaf of bread. 100 more like

I dunno if you have to have a bit of a black sense of humour, but Down Terrace was fantastic. It was almost like my definition of a perfect movie. Im amazed that Julia Deakin isnt swimming in academy awards, shes just amazing to watch. Anyway, got a little but of negative criticism on both wiki and imdb for being a bit slow in places... but theyre way wrong. Its just an exceptionally fun (and often times hysterically funny) movie.

Watched Attack the Block for a bit of a follow up... surprisingly well made. Joe Cornish played this a great deal more straight than i expected. Its got some fun moments, but it doesnt suffer from the adam and joe style inconsistency. Its a good film. A bit preachy, but nothing too insufferably clammy and genuinely a fun little romp. Its much more a cuddly alien movie than a monsters from out of space (which i suspect he was going for), but it didnt bother me that much. It was a nice 84 minute easy on the eye distraction. Yanks might have a problem understanding the Yut speak, but again, its more about kids playing at rastafarai gangsta than actual thick accents. Its not rab c nesbitt here. A bit of common sense (or a recognition that almost every word ending every sentence just means "mate"... (failing that, find some subtitles). Fun film, not astonishing. Not as good as he could be, and a bit straight jacketed by convention than youd expect. But a seriously good start to his career as a movie maker. The dude definitely has a future making films.

In other news, watched this and had this uncomfortable realisation that i could have actually died without seeing this. I have this horror that when i die god will present a powerpoint showing all the stuff i failed to collect and just how close it was to me at key points (kinda like a walkthrough on a game where you only scored a 48% completion, but youd have to go all the way back to some save game right near the start to converse with some random dude on some island no one ever really told you about in game opening up the quest chain which youre obviously never going to do because who the hell wants to play an entire game again just so you can say you got 70% of the game).

its existentially terrifying that there are things out there too good to be missed, but im missing them anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

And a strange one with Cate Blanchet and Judi Dench, Notes of an Affair or something.

I saw that too recently.

I know what you mean with the 'strange one' comment, I wasn't expecting that when it came on.

I saw Battleship last week......I didn't really know what the story was about when I went to see it, I found myself laughing out loud at some parts but no one else in the cinema was. Is it meant to be tongue in cheek cheesy/funny?

Watched the Incredible Hulk last night on TV, first time I've watched that and it wasn't as ridiculous as I thought it was going to be

Watched MI:Ghost Protocol on Wednesday night. Really enjoyed it.

Also watched Moneyball (was good) and then Hangover II (not so good).

Got the King's Speech also to watch.