Good movies you've seen recently

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Perhaps you should stop looking up your own asshole.

I saw Alvin and the Chipmunks 3.   I would like to kill all chipmunks and all people called Alvin.

I reckon he stole more than a loaf of bread. 100 more like

team america, f**k yeah.

i laughed much more than i should have during that film. i liked the puppetry very much.

hopefully going to see king kong this weekend. am interested to see what a slimmed-down peter jackson has coughed up this time.

Saw Intermission last night with Colin Farrell and some other good actors (Farrell was crap in The Recruit which was totally crap in all respects). There were a lot of good chuckles in Intermission and I recognized some of my own less attractive youthful character traits in some of the people. I like films like this that are a slice of more or less ordinary life, with lots of little stories interwoven together.

Mrs11 hated it. She likes American films with 'beautiful' American actors.

Finally saw Million Dollar Baby - I can see why it got all the accolades it did. Great movie.

Quote:
I'm waiting till the crowds have died down again maybe next week. Hearing only good things though.
crowds, funnily enough I went to KK on Sunday evening 8 pm show. I would have thought, the opening weekend would be busy but it was dead, perhaps 20 or 30 in a 300 seat theatre.

Harry Potter on the other hand was a whole different kettle of fish.

Saw KK. Was alright but frankly I was a little disappointed. Good CG, Naomi Watts is very easy on the eyes, but not what I would term a "great" movie. I did enjoy the brontosaurus stampede though \:\)

I just watched a kiwi movie called Once Were Warriors. Very sad movie about the plight of the modern day Maoris in NZ. Avoids getting political about it and just focuses on a Maori family. Looks a little dated but worth watching.

6th Day with Arnie. It was brilliant.

Actually, it was just goddam awful.

Utter bollocks in fact.

\:\(

Good though was Sideways, I didn't think I'd enjoy it as much as I did. Good one that.

Heard some very good things about Munich from a friend who saw it.

Local review said "a gruelling remorseless thriller that tackles vital, intractable issues. No easy answers, no condescention, no comprimise. Devastating".

So no sickly sweet Spielberg ending then? (Good).