SnowJapan Community
Sign in to follow this  
yamayamayama

Good movies you've seen recently

Wallace and Grommit "The curse of the Were-Rabbit".

Loved it!, Classic W&G. Heaps of laughs all the way through.

Wow eek.gif I didn't know that was out yet... where did you see it? Very glad to hear they kept the quality.....

Does Shaun Sheep make an appearance?

Batman Begins - I really liked it.

The Great Escape on tv was really good the other night.

Dig! - thats the fueding bands one, right?

Saw the extended version (soon to be released over here on dvd) of Gladiator last night - there's about 17 mins of extra stuff in there and unlike some of these exercises, they add to the depth of the characters. I'm not usually a fan of that kind of flick but it's a great movie.

No shaun sheep unfortunately Brit gob, but a great watch nonetheless. It's playing right now in Australia. God Japan is late getting some movies.

Really want to see dig, should be out soon on DVD I guess.

A friend lent me "Threads" - a pretty bleak scary thing from back when we were all scared of nuclear holocaust more than terrorism. I think it was a BBC tv thing, not a movie for the theaters. Sobering even to watch it now.

I thought they were surely cgi until I read they weren't. Nice one.

i hope jessica alba would be in the series...

i haven't been watching many movies lately, too much tv \:\(

Watched 2 movies last weekend:

1. It's all gone Pete Tong

A pseudo docu about the DJ. Frankie Wilde who is a star DJ on Ibiza. He shags women and snort coke, but runs in to some very big problems

Not a "great" movie, but fun at times and worth a look.

http://www.frankiewilde.net/

2. Basquiat

About the artist Jean-Michel Basquiat and New York art scene in the 80's

A strong movie with lots of great acting.

I saw the Aviator the other night too. I couldn't see much point to it, although Leonardo always turns in a good performance. A good documentary would have been more interesting. And what was up with the super shitty SFX? Were they supposed to be retro or something? I could have done a better Spruce Goose and spray effects in Bryce...

Quote:
Originally posted by Ocean11:
although Leonardo always turns in a good performance.
Jesus Ocean that's a debatable call! I thought you were a man of taste ;\)

I just watched Mars Attacks. I remember not liking it too much first time but I was laughing quite a bit this time, some amusing stuff going on there. \:\)

I watched that last night as well, I like it. Love the aliens in that one and the human head on the dog etc. Tons of little funny things going on.

Wedding Crasher... funny as hell

7 Swords(New Hong Kong Movie) great action

House of Wax, not that good, but the SFX is pretty interesting

Quote:
Originally posted by facehugging-chestbuster:
Well, I really enjoyed War Of The Worlds. Looking forward to seeing the new Dead movie this weekend \:\)
Land Of The Dead does not belong in this tread, i think

I heard some fairly positive things about that as well. I take it your not impressed thunderpants?

Sign in to follow this  

sjf2019l.png

About SnowJapan

SnowJapan.com is the independent guide to skiing and snowboarding in Japan and has been online since 1999.

SnowJapan.com covers the whole of Japan. We are here to introduce the world to unbiased, honest and detailed information about winter sports in Japan. We publish exclusive and in-depth and daily content throughout the winter season and we add new functionality and content to the site every year.

We are not here to promote any specific destinations or resorts, or to sell our readers any kind of products or services. We are not a travel agency and we do not own any ski resorts, ski schools, accommodations or other related businesses.