Good movies you've seen recently

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Perhaps you should stop looking up your own asshole.

I saw Alvin and the Chipmunks 3.   I would like to kill all chipmunks and all people called Alvin.

I reckon he stole more than a loaf of bread. 100 more like

I saw the Lego movie. It was in 3D, made my eyes hurt and my head hurt too. I don't like 3D movies, will not watch another one.

But all that work for a movie is commendable. Probably best animation oscar.

Nihon Chinbotsu (?)

Hurray japan didn't disappear in the end. Mighty close though.

The one with No-pan SMAP, or the original?

Better than Nihon Igai Zenbu Chinbotsu, anyway. Though someone I know appeared in the latter. (Brush with fame!)

Nihon Chinbotsu (?)

Hurray japan didn't disappear in the end. Mighty close though.

The one with No-pan SMAP, or the original?

Better than Nihon Igai Zenbu Chinbotsu, anyway. Though someone I know appeared in the latter. (Brush with fame!)

The more recent one with Chriselle's fave SMAP member and the strangely attractive Kou chick.

Firewall.

In it, Harrison Ford pretended he was technical. And I think the bad guy was supposed to be a Brit. Obviously.

Jack Bauer's nerdy computer friend Chloe was in it, obviously this documentary was sometime between one of the documented adventures with Jack. Or perhaps after we last saw Jack.

In the year 2011 the greatest tectonic disaster in the history of mankind occurs. As a result of catastrophic earthquakes North and South America, Eurasia, Africa and Australia have sunken underwater while the Japanese islands remain untouched thanks to the Chinese land which had sunk and went underneath.

Japan suddenly discovers that it is the destination for all the world's surviving refugees. Consequently, they are all forced to make uncomfortable adjustments in order to share the world's last habitable landmass. However, they finally discovered that the Japan islands will eventually sink as well since the Chinese lands supporting them is moving rapidly towards the Pacific Ocean.

-------> will have to watch!

I wonder what Alan said when he finally found the baby? ;)

*ahem*

Anywhoo, thanks to a glitch on the App Store, Pacific Rim was my movie of transport monotony for the last two board outings.

S'alright innit.

Bit long, listening to the hashed out Japanese dialogue was cringey at times and the sense of scale was undone a little due to the screen size (iPad mini), but as a popcorn movie it wasn't bad, and Rob Perlman was kickass-awesome. Broke my duck of watching shit films at least (Star Trek:Into Darkness, Man of Steel, World War Z).

I also just re-watched all the Ninja Turtle movies from the 90s.

Please don't judge me.

Lone Survivor

Based on the book of the true story of navy SEALs in Operation Red Wing in Afghanistan 2005. Graphic battle scenes and sometimes horrendous gore. Came away with the feeling of how disgusting it must be in a war and what a tragedy it is to start one.