Good movies you've seen recently

If you are in Japan you should get on mIRC for downloading stuff. All the latest movies on there as DVD rips. Its a bit of a pain to use, all text commands only, but if you are computer savvy you'll get used to it.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Perhaps you should stop looking up your own asshole.

I saw Alvin and the Chipmunks 3.   I would like to kill all chipmunks and all people called Alvin.

I reckon he stole more than a loaf of bread. 100 more like

Recently saw the one about the life of Peter Sellers. I hadn't known his story but it made for an interesting watch. Geoffrey Rush really pulled off the Peter Sellers character.

If you to see a really good Sellers film you have to see Dr Strangelove. It's a Kubrick film, and Sellers plays three parts brilliantly. Great supporting cast too, George C Scott, Slim Pickens, James Earl Jones.

A combination of lunacy and paranoia at the White and The Pentagon. Who'd a thunk it possible?

Yes I really liked Dr Strangelove. Never got into Pink Panther. What was that other one he did called, The Party?

I saw Eyes Wide Shut last week. It was rubbish.

I'd much rather see the much more arty (probably) Basic Instinct 2. lol.gif

The Pink Panther series were a waste of Sellers' talent, but he had a lot of alimony to pay. I enjoyed "The wrong box", but that was a long time ago.

Most recent favourites are Secretary, Solaris and Intolerable Cruelty.

'the life aquatic' is a cracker. i love the scene where bill murray is grooving to the tunes he's rigged up in the helmets.

the crappiest movie ive seen was last week - 'ghosts of the moon'. you may ask why i rented it with a name like that, and i couldnt give you an answer.

I woke up at 4am the other day and couldn't go back to sleep. Had nothing better to do so I turned on the tv and a British film "Shaun of the Dead" was on. Bloody funny!

re. the life aquatic - Im a bit bored of all these deadpan bill murray movies coming out. I heart huckabees, broken flowers etc, I liked lost in translation but the other ones were boring.

I saw raising arizona last night - wasnt as good as I remembered it being. I remember seeing it as a kid and being in hysterics the whole way through, and this time I only found one or two jokes mildly amusing.

I also saw Jarhead recently. I seem to remember this being billed as an 'anti-establishment' anti-war movie, while in fact any fool can clearly see it is a recruitment ad for the US Army. The main character expresses disapointment throughout the movie, but its always because he is too safe and doesnt get close enough to the action because the airforce always do all the killing from above. The message of this movie was: 'its ok to become a soldier cos there is no risk of being killed and you just get drunk and muck around in army gear in the desert all day.' If there is anything anti-war/army in this movie please point it out to me as I cannot understand why the media were billing it in this way.

I watched 30 minutes or so of Jarhead then gave up. I hate doing that, but when I really really think a movie is a waste of my time I'll do that.