Good movies you've seen recently

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Perhaps you should stop looking up your own asshole.

I saw Alvin and the Chipmunks 3.   I would like to kill all chipmunks and all people called Alvin.

I reckon he stole more than a loaf of bread. 100 more like

not movies, but the ESPN 30 for 30 documentary series.......some good ones in there....Reggie Miller vs The NY Knicks, Once Brothers, Straight Out of LA....want to see Broke, but can't find it anywhere

Funny you should say that.

I went to see it again and it really is great.

Hurray for Craig!

:clap:

You didn't like the komodo dragons? Kind of reminded me of the crocs in Live And Let Die, don't know if it was a sort of homage or not...

watched Dredd the other day. Pretty fun movie. Dumb as a bag of hammers, but fun nonetheless. Probably deserves a few more outings after that. Pity it didnt make its money back though :(

Hurray for Craig!

You didn't like the komodo dragons? Kind of reminded me of the crocs in Live And Let Die, don't know if it was a sort of homage or not...

It was too obviously cgi. That's the only gripe I have about it.

Got to see Les Miserables.

I just love the musical so much.

The movie is the same story and the same songs, but somehow very different.

Really enjoyed it, it is very well done, though I just wish they had a stronger Javert in particular.

As expected, the weak link.

Do you think someone who detests musicals could sit through it and possibley enjoy some parts?

Well as it is basically "the musical" made into a movie, you may well detest it.

I don't like "musicals" in general.

But Les Miserables is far from Mamma Mia, Chicago and Singing in the Rain.

It is an amazing story full of beautiful songs.

And I think it would take a cold-hearted person not to be affected by it.

Then again, if you are dead set on hating musicals before you watch it, perhaps you already have made your mind up!

:friend:

There are plenty of non-musical film adaptations of Les Miserables. The 1934 version with Harry Baur gets particularly high marks from the critics for faithfulness to the book. (Come to think of it, that is the only version I have ever seen.)

Hurray for Craig!

It was too obviously cgi. That's the only gripe I have about it.

Apart for the most boring 30minutes in the middle of the movie where I nearly fell asleep :friend:

I was sceptical about going to see Les Mierables (the musical) when I did in London a few years back.

It took a short while to get into it, but by the end of it I needed a tissue or two and I did think it was wonderful. It is a good story without no happy ending but at the same time very uplifting.

Would love to see it again.

Haven't seen the movie yet. Interesting that they did all the singing 'live' and raw so to speak. But apparently because of the imperfections it's adds an extra punch. Will go this coming week.

There was a version of Les Miserables (non musical) with Liam Neeson in it in the 90s.

I liked that movie. Les Mis is a good story.......just ruined ( in my cold hearted opinion ;) ) by ham actors singing when they could be talking!! Thankfully Liam Neeson didn't break into song

Went to see Les Miserables yesterday. GF dragged me. Wasn't mad on the idea.

Was strange and took a bit of time to get used to, never really liked the idea of people singing the story.

But I got into it and ended up really liking it.

Vaguely aware of the story and some of the main songs before going.

And I went today.

Thought it was very well done.

Russell Crowe aside, who kind of spoils it a bit.

He simply can't sing good enough and seems to be putting so much effort into singing - not particularly successfully - that he forgot about the acting bit.

Thought Jackman was good but wasn't keen on his shouty Bring Him Home, which for me should be soft and tender.

Friend I was with didn't like it as much, they didn't seem to follow the details of the story.

I was like that with the musical in the theater, first time I saw it it was a bit hmmmm???, but second time I enjoyed it way more.

Lets face it if you don't like the musical, you very probably won't like this.

Saw the Hobbit today.

I thought it was a great addaption and some awsome characters.

A bit too long and not sure of the way it was shot (sit) up the back)

Defiitely worth seeing if you are a fan (My 12 and 15 yearold girls thought it was crap)