Good movies you've seen recently

Just watched Sherlock Holmes....pretty good actually. Set up for a sequel as well, so no doubt we'll see Rober Downey Jr and Jude Law team up again to fight 1800's Crime Lords

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Perhaps you should stop looking up your own asshole.

I saw Alvin and the Chipmunks 3.   I would like to kill all chipmunks and all people called Alvin.

I reckon he stole more than a loaf of bread. 100 more like

Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
Yeah Peep Show is good eh? (The UK E4 programme, right?)

Thats the one TB.

Took a bit to get used to.

Robin Hood.

Different from predecessors in that it is telling the story a time before he is outlawed. Richard is returning to England from his crusade via a few sackings of French castles. The beginning is very reminiscent of the opening battle scene in Gladiator, but set in medieval France with knights and armour (well, chain mail anyway). Exciting, plenty of killing and of course fire.

It's a good bit of entertainment, though Scott does make a meal outta Cate (Marion) in putting in girlie romantic tension scenes.

PHlrDpooW9QWpo_1_m.jpg

blanchett420-420x0.jpg

From many of her closeup scenes, Galadriel jumps right out at you.

galadriel.jpg

William Hurt played a very believable English patriot in William Marshal

PHv1AzyyCChayB_1_m.jpg

All told, I enjoyed the film. Good simple story, plenty of action. 7 outta 10.

Quote:
The beginning is very reminiscent of the opening battle scene in Gladiator

I read they even filmed it in the same place.

I don't think this "Robin Hood before he was Robin Hood" story is the one people want. Actually I don't really need any Robin Hood story.

Ironman II. Very entertaining. A couple of super hero-ish moments that make you cringe but overall a very good movie. I'm happy I saw it in a theatre before DVD.

Just noted that the uncreative people in Hollywood are remaking the 1956 classic 'Forbidden Planet'. angry

I reckon it will be C-rap, just like that load of manure remake of 'The Day The Earth Stood Still', with Mr Monotone Keanu Reeves.