Good movies you've seen recently

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Perhaps you should stop looking up your own asshole.

I saw Alvin and the Chipmunks 3.   I would like to kill all chipmunks and all people called Alvin.

I reckon he stole more than a loaf of bread. 100 more like

Quote:
The only thing more miraculous than Earth's victory over apparently indestructible alien forces in the 1996 Roland Emmerich blockbuster Independence Day is the fact that there has never been a sequel. Starring Will Smith as a fighter pilot heroically battling to take out extraterrestrial invaders, the film took $816m around the world and is credited with ushering in a new era of big-budget, special effects-laden disaster and sci-fi movies.

Now, according to iesb.com, not one but two sequels could be on their way, after 20th Century Fox secured Smith's involvement. The studio has reportedly always been open to the idea of a sequel, but up until now has balked at the actor's asking price – the Oscar nominee charges $20m a movie plus a share of profits. With Avatar having taken a stonking $2.6bn in box-office receipts, cash flow is presumably less of a problem for Fox these days, and Emmerich is also said to be on board.

Wonder if the aliens will have up-to-date virus software this time.

Hot Tub Time Machine looks good:

Four guy friends, all of them bored with their adult lives, travel back to their respective 80s heydays thanks to a time-bending hot tub.

I watched The Hangover over the holidays, very funny.

Just watched Moonraker.

Some very silly parts aside, better than I remember it.

Had to laugh at one of the credits at the end:

Roger Moore's hair by ..... _(forgot the name)

lol

I taped that and watched this morning.

Roger Moore is total cheese, but I like his Bond movies they were fun. Can't really say that about Quantum of Solace.

Got to laugh at all the chicks longingly eyeing him up throughout the movies.

Clash of the Titans. I'd put this in this thread, despite all the ragging from the "critics". I saw it in 2D, much of the ragging were on about the 3D effects causing amnesia so that people lost the plot.

A well paced action epic with a good lead, nice looking chicks; even medusa was a looker lol

Not really....I just didn't really like the way it was filmed to be honest. When I read the book I thought it would make a great movie but obviously my vision was different to that crappy Scorcese guy. wink