Good movies you've seen recently

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Perhaps you should stop looking up your own asshole.

I saw Alvin and the Chipmunks 3.   I would like to kill all chipmunks and all people called Alvin.

I reckon he stole more than a loaf of bread. 100 more like

just re-watched My Left Foot and In the Name of The Father....Daniel Day Lewis at his best. My left Foot is some acting from him and In the Name of the Father is a very powerful movie, highlighting good old British Justice at its best!!

ITNOTF - great movie. No-one seems to make movies about the IRA (or "loyalists") murdering innocent people though. That's one of the reason such gross injustices occurred...

Recent good films seen? Slumdog Millionaire was the last really impressive film I saw, which goes to show how little I go to the cinema, or how discerning I am.

SdS

Not too bright for New Years viewing though.

I took in some Terminator 2. Still looks good. Pity about 3 and that newer on this year.

Summer Glau in the TV series though makes for a lovely fembot, er, terminator.

I saw Avatar in an IMAX 3D cinema, it was well worth the US$20 ticket price.

If you want to watch it in Hong Kong, go to the IMAX in Megabox, I heard the other IMAX doesn't have English subs for the native na'vi language talk.

Originally Posted By: grungy-gonads
Summer Glau in the TV series though makes for a lovely fembot, er, terminator.

I love T:SCC! Shame it was discontinued!

Also coooool but very different:

Flight of the Concords

Originally Posted By: skidaisuki
ITNOTF - great movie. No-one seems to make movies about the IRA (or "loyalists") murdering innocent people though. That's one of the reason such gross injustices occurred...

Recent good films seen? Slumdog Millionaire was the last really impressive film I saw, which goes to show how little I go to the cinema, or how discerning I am.

SdS

well INTNOTF shows that the IRA killed innocent people, the point being that the Conlens weren't IRA and got stitched up for it. The IRA guy admitted that it was him to the cops when he got picked up for another terrorist act but the cops did nothing.
I guess though that showing the IRA to be terrorists is a bit like stating the obvious and probably wouldn't make for an interesting angle for a movie.

a very good actor. His fine role in Gangs of New York too.

Comes from quite a connected family. His dad was the Poet Lareate, his wife is Arthur Miller's daughter and his grandad owned a film studio or something. And I think he is connected to the Kennedys in some way.