Good movies you've seen recently

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Perhaps you should stop looking up your own asshole.

I saw Alvin and the Chipmunks 3.   I would like to kill all chipmunks and all people called Alvin.

I reckon he stole more than a loaf of bread. 100 more like

This is not a film, more like a comedy series, but I got a hold of the 2nd season of Little Britain and had a good laugh. That's some really sick stuff. I am not shopping around for the 1st season and other subsequent seasons.

That and The Sketch Show.

I watched Kiss Kiss Bang Bang the other night, was good.

V For Vendetta too.

Anyone seen Pirates III?

Little Britain is terrible. It's just 25 mins of material stretched to 3 series. Literally the same 10 jokes over and over again. They should be ashamed of themselves, lazy MFs.

I bought a DVD called Resist Control. It is kind of a documentary of skateboarding from the 60s to the present. Its like Dogtown, but all black and white, with no dialouge. Just a soundtrack of music from the times to accompany the footage.

I saw it originally in Vancouver at the premier of a musuem exhibition of the history of sk8ing. I forgot just how good it was, and just how gnarly those guys back in the 70s were!

Just been given the complete first 7 series of Dad's Army. I havnt watched any since I was a kid (centuries ago) Its still funny and a good insight into what must have been a very difficult time. I talked to a former armourer from the Woolwich Arsenal and he said that the uniforms weapons and equipment used in the series are very accurate.

I thought 300 was good too, bit gory but well put together.

I thought Sunrise was really good - the end let it down a bit but generally really enjoyed it. Liked the Aliens like atmoshpere, you can tell Boyle loves that movie.

Yeah I thought the same, if they had sorted the end part out it would have been a really good flick. Nothing beats Alien / Aliens in that kind of movie. (Let's forget a bit about Alien 3 and a lot about Alien 4)

I thought it was good actually.

Saw the Batman with Schwarzenegger in it last night. That really is a very bad movie. Good job I was only half watching and doing other things at the same time.

are you british bobby12? if so, you'd be the first pom i've ever heard say they don't like little britain. as you said, it's just one or two sketches dragged out endlessly. it's so freakin boring. after all the hype i expected more.

say nacho libre on the weekend. funny as hell.

and saw breach in the cinema. it's quite tense and very well done. it won't rank as a great film for me though.

oh, and i checke dout a documentary called wordplay, about the NY Times crossword puzzle. it was ace, and highly recomended. you couldn't have scripted a better story. it's sort of like spellbound, but with adults.