Good movies you've seen recently

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Perhaps you should stop looking up your own asshole.

I saw Alvin and the Chipmunks 3.   I would like to kill all chipmunks and all people called Alvin.

I reckon he stole more than a loaf of bread. 100 more like

The Bridge To Terabithia.

I haven't seen all of it but some guys working on have been passing me some shots now and then so I've seen maybe 1/2 of it. Now that the trailer is out (yesterday I think) I guess it's ok to talk up. This looks really killer guys! And some of the shots I've seen were just breath-taking!

Some Kind of Monster - a Metallica documentary type thing of them going through troubled times recording their most recent noisy album. I'm not particularly into Metallica, but it was an interesting watch.

'The Worlds Fastest Indian', a feel good film for blokes. Watched it on the flight back from Japan.

My all time favorite is still 'Last Orders' with Bob Hoskins, Micheal Caine, Tom Courtney and Ray Winstone.

2Pints,

It opened in the States last Friday, saw it on Saturday. A couple of my otaku friends scored some sneak-preview tickets to see it the previous Monday, and they were quite impressed, so I had to check it out. It was more "artsy" than "Sky Captain..." with a lot of the imagery looking like paintings. I'll have to get a look at the Frank Miller graphic novel that the movie was based on to see how much of that imagery was borrowed from the original artwork. It was visually stunning to say the least.

Babel was great.

I downloaded all this years Oscars nominated films.

The Departed was also really awesome, although at times quite confusing. I never thought I would see the day that Matt Damon and Leo DiCaprio star in the same movie (cos they look so similar) but in this one they are not only together but also play very similar roles. Well actually that is probably why they were cast, because the 2 characters are so similar and the actors look similar. Jack Nicholson was OK in it but I think its not the Brando's Godfather type performance that the director maybe intended to be.