Good movies you've seen recently

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Perhaps you should stop looking up your own asshole.

I saw Alvin and the Chipmunks 3.   I would like to kill all chipmunks and all people called Alvin.

I reckon he stole more than a loaf of bread. 100 more like

Quote:
Originally posted by slimeypete:
Has anyone been to that Iwo Jima movie yet? I suppose lots of it is in Japanese and there won't be any subtitles for us... might be a problem.
indeed, from the trailer it was all in Japanese especially difficult to listen with the gutteral macho speech of a soldier. She'll be a DVD job for sure.

I'm sure Iwo Jima is way better than 'Yamato' the film I watched last night. Anyways, I had trouble understanding it as it was all in I think Hiroshima-ben and there's lots of military jargon.

btw I didn't think Yamato was good

Sometimes when you DL a movie, especially if you use a japanese P2P program (ah I remember the good old days of winmx - you could get anything on there), theres no English subs. You can often DL the subs seperately and play them together with a decent media player.

I think these two offer seperate subtitle file function:

windows media player replacement

BS player

subtitle downloads

googles offerings

a decent one

use bit torrent and you usually get dvd rips from the states with the appropriate subtitles. Used to have those kinds of probs with the old gnutella network but most good bit torrent sites now are pretty good.

Watched a good one this week - "The wind that shakes the barley". It's a Ken Loach movie set in 1920s Ireland where workers are uniting to face British squads that threaten Irelands bid for independence. Lots of anger and tension.

The US vs John Lennon.

Not such a brilliant movie as such, but an interesting story of how he got on the nerves of the US government. Ono let them use lots of unseen footage in there as well, which probably accounts for the maybe one-sided look at Lennon.