Good movies you've seen recently

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Perhaps you should stop looking up your own asshole.

I saw Alvin and the Chipmunks 3.   I would like to kill all chipmunks and all people called Alvin.

I reckon he stole more than a loaf of bread. 100 more like

Yeah V got widely panned, but I rather enjoyed it simply for what it was, not some Schindlers List, but a comic book adaptation. People try to overanalyze movies in my opinion... Aren't they supposed to be for entertainment???

I watched The Chamber this weekend, based on the John Grisham book. It was very average, I remember enjoying the book more.

going to see V for Vendetta tomorrow night.

Last thing I saw was a Woody Allen film, "Match Point" on a plane. I thought they always cut films for planes, but this one was quite racey with Scarlett Johanssen taking her clothes off on several occasions. It was just as well because such scenes were easily the highlight of the film :p . The rest was some stereotypical posh Brits being posh like in a Hugh Grant film. I suppose the Americans must love it.

I wanted to watch the Terrance Malick film about Pocohontas, but it was on the flights going the other way. If it gets decent reviews, I'll go and watch it on the big screen. He doesn't make many, but they all look fantastic.

Mmm SJ taking her clothes off, must be good....

saw The Island yesterday, Very entertaining!!

I've never been a big fan of Woody Allan, but i watched Sweet And Lowdown the other day. Woody Allan made a fine movie starring Sean Penn as the 2. best jazz guitarplayer in the world:

Emmet Ray

Why in the world would someone make a movie about the 2. best and not the best? (Django Reinhard)

well, watch the movie and find out.

i voted for the movie on IMDB (8 of 10)

I saw "Supersize Me" on the weekend. Even if you take it with a grain of salt (and fries on the side!) it is still pretty interesting. I'm not sure that I believe his death was quite as immanent as he was suggesting after a month but it was still pretty well done. The amount of soft drink some of the people claimed to be drinking on a daily or weekly basis boggles the mind - they were talking in gallons! It was interesting that he only got asked if he wanted to supersize 9 times (I think) for the whole month (i.e. 90 meals) so it isn’t as if that is quite the problem the title would indicate.

Quote:
Originally posted by Thunderpants:

saw The Island yesterday, Very entertaining!!
really? I thought this one was rubbish, Ewan MacGegor needs to give himself an uppercut he had a shocker!

No Way Out with Kevin Costner last night. Gene Hackman also in it - always worth a watch is Gene. Costner looked REALLY young.

Grizzly Man.

Strange and intriguing about this guy called Timothy Treadwell who lived with some bears over 13 summers in Alaska.

I'm looking forward to seeing "druggy sci-fi stunner" A Scanner Darkly.

Going to get to watch Goal this weekend. I hear there's some of the real Newcastle team in there...

Heard that a movie called BRICK is quite interesting. Being called "this years donny darko"