Good movies you've seen recently

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Perhaps you should stop looking up your own asshole.

I saw Alvin and the Chipmunks 3.   I would like to kill all chipmunks and all people called Alvin.

I reckon he stole more than a loaf of bread. 100 more like

• 2 weeks later...

This weekend I watched "Night Watch" (Nochnoy Dozor) and "Day Watch" (Dnevnoy Dozor), first high-budget Russian films. It's fantasy-thriller-mistery films about Dark and Light forces, quite entertaining and lots of trick effects for Russian motion pictures.

a bit like a lot of Aussie movies a few years back. I used to cringe at some of the junk the Aussie film undustry used to produce. Thankfully there have been some good one's recently.

Back on topic, an Aussie film "Two Hands" was very amusing.

Saw the Village last night and it was very disappointing. Actually, like everything M.Night.Shamalan has done since the Sixth Sence. What was going on with that ending in the Village? I hate watching movies that leave me without an answer. I want to know what the writer/director were thinking. Not just leave it to your imagination. But that's just me. Shamalan needs to do a movie which is in a completely different genre. I watched Stealth the other night and it wasn't bad perhaps because I watched it without any expectations

for me a great film is one that allow you to utterly believe for that one and a half hours (or three) that the pretending is absolutely for real. and being drawn in, and moved by a story is an amazing visual and emotive experience. 'good luck and good night' was one, and it didn't need explosions, or sex to make it interesting.

i find music in film an interesting thing - it is so important in how it adds to the atmosphere of the film but feels creepily like emotional manipulation. eg. the last aussie film i saw was 'little fish' with cate blanchett and it was really good but there was a scene with school kids singing that jimmy barnes song flame trees. i was bawling even though i have always hated the song.