Good movies you've seen recently

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Perhaps you should stop looking up your own asshole.

I saw Alvin and the Chipmunks 3.   I would like to kill all chipmunks and all people called Alvin.

I reckon he stole more than a loaf of bread. 100 more like

Quote:
Originally posted by Curt:
The Corporation.

Great stuff. It might try to tackle too many topics but definitely eye-opening and very interesting.
I got a flyer of this movie. It's from 10th of December in Shibuya. I might go but 145 minutes sounds too long... Anyone here saw Mondovino? It was also too long.

The last film I saw was one them road safety jobs you get when you renew your drivers' licence. Lots of gore, but no story to be honest!

Last proper film I saw was Kurosawa's Heaven and Hell. Highly recommended.

Did you do something naughty Mr Wiggles (to have to sit through that)?

I need to get mine renewed soon and I will need to sit through something as I got done for speeding.

> I thought Insider was quite boring if I remember correctly.

God yes, wasn't it awful.

Ciggies - they're not good for your health. (Cor, shit, I never knew that!) There seem to be rather a lot of these kind of propaganda films - The Cider House Rules made abortion seem like such a good thing that I wanted to get one, and another one called 'New Orleans Trial' or something in Japanese was a bit down about guns. Very simple fare.

We saw Changing Lanes last night. I was quite impressed that they made a fantasy thriller with lawyers in it that had a certain level of moral realism.

Also saw the Truman Show the other day. It was pretty good. We all have our paranoid days (don't we??), and the film captured that feeling very well. I saw a bloke yesterday out of my car window who I keep seeing around, and I think he's following me, although he's got his 'coincidence' act down very well...

Haha ocean i know what you mean about the Truman Show, everytime i think i'm being watched i remember the movie... it really makes you think doesn't it.

I saw Hotel Rawanda last night. Might have already been mentioned? I recommend it, anyone who doesn't know about what happened in Rawanda should definitly watch it. It was of those sad movies where you really think about how lucky you actually are, and how inhumane people can be. I think the truth of the story really makes the point. Who else has seen it?