Good movies you've seen recently

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Perhaps you should stop looking up your own asshole.

I saw Alvin and the Chipmunks 3.   I would like to kill all chipmunks and all people called Alvin.

I reckon he stole more than a loaf of bread. 100 more like

Top chess players often kick each other under the table. Or so the rumour goes. There's also a new film about Kasparov vs. Deep Blue, but I've not seen it.

The last film I saw was Downfall (Untergang), the one about Hitlers last few days in the bunker. It was recommended to me by my old dear and supplied by some naughty site on the Intarweb. It's definitely worth seeing.

Is Donnie Darko worth seeing?

I saw the first 10 minutes of My Big Fat Totally Unfunny Greek Wedding last night, before I turned it off and read a book instead.

I liked it. It seems to be a generally liked movie - in a good way, not a blockbuster summer movie way, if you know what I mean.

It might be worth drinking a lot of alcohol before watching though.

I thought Big Fat Greek blah blah blah was a pile of poo. Donnie Darko on the other had is brilliant Ocean, and I recommend you see it with much haste. Love the soundtrack!

I watched Basic Instinct last night, first time in a while I quite enjoyed it in a lightweight kinda way. Sharon Stone really gets into that bouncing up and down on Michael Douglas. I read also that they are making a follow up to it right now, this time without MD.

• 1 month later...
 Quote:
Is Donnie Darko worth seeing?
Definitely worth it. One of my favorite scenes ever from a movie was in DD. The scene when it's all slow-mo and 'everybody wants to rule the world' is playing. Brilliant for a first time director!

I just finished watching the Sci-Fi Channels 'Dune' TV Movie. It was really good. Some of the sets and computer work were cheesy as hell, but all in all, solid. Way better than the original Dune movie and not nearly as confusing (I've read the books too).

Also watched 'The Majestic' with Jim Carey today. Not bad at all. A bit predictable, but worth the time to watch.

A friend of mine dropped off his DVD case with over 200 movies in it Friday eve. Good to have friends like that when you're stuck at home for a month!

Echi, NZ towns and cities arent much different from any other country in the world...just a lot more New Zealanders \:\) Oh and I guess they arent as big either. Oha and Whale Rider was filmed about 20 minutes up the road from my familys house. Used to go swimming at that beach all the time when I was a youngin!

Always had a weak spot for vampyres and Zombies.

George A. Romeo's movies are great (fact)

I had low expectations for the remake of his classic "Dawn Of The Dead"

But i was surprised, GREAT STUFF!!!!!!

(surprisingly)Good acting, caracters were actually beliveable, some good laughs, a fair amount of blood, no computer special effects, and a great soundtrack!

up-dawn_of_the_dead.jpg